cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat rules violation from same sellers and no action from Ebay

Unreal.  I have brought a couple of sellers to Ebays attention who are violating the rules by listing their phone numbers in their ads.  Ebay removed them at least twice, and the same sellers just edit the ad and put the phone number back in.  I know I'm losing sales and have stopped selling that product on Ebay.  Why do I even bother when Ebay condones this behavior?  I hate Ebay!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

so you hate ebay, but here you are...

and ok so ebay tried and the seller played games...so just why is the phone number on their listing going to affect you?.... you report it and ebay does what they can.....

your sales are your...maybe take a close look--could be more than the others putting a phone number in a listing...

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Maybe you should be brought to eBay's attention for listing violations. Duplicate listings aren't allowed either. You have 4 listings right now selling 2 identical items.

2 listings for Trolling Bags. Amish Made. 48" PAIR and 2 listings for Trolling Bags. Amish Made. 36" PAIR

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?  SMH

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

No,

It's not.

One style had grommets for the dump line, and the other had loops.  I don't expect you to understand nuances of cold water slow speed bait presentations...   To appease both of you and to bring this converasation back to the center, I deleted the auctions you found objectionable.  Two were relistings and two were new.  If either of you would care to be pragmatic and address Ebays tolerance of outside sales, I'll be all ears..  Would it be OK for me to list my phone number in an auction, have it deleted by Ebay, and tolerate me editing the auction and adding it again.

Caution:  Adult responses suggested, and expected.  and for the record.. I do hate Ebay.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

By the way.. I've had multiple conversations with Ebay about this and EVERY TIME they have said (or their script reading foreigners have said) this is in clear violation of Ebay policy.  Yet.. Nothing is ever done!

Should I create dozens of listings with my phone number?  On an incremental basis, I'm sure I could bypass Ebay fee's enough to make it worthwhile..  Afterall, there's no down side as Ebay has demonstrated!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

How perfect!  One of the responders in this thread has no Ebay sales or buys since 2011, and the other is selling recycled T-shirts to homeless people!  

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@customt-topsdirect wrote:

How perfect!  One of the responders in this thread has no Ebay sales or buys since 2011, and the other is selling recycled T-shirts to homeless people!  

wow so angry about this?.. why does it matter, how is them with phone numbers affect your sales?

as far as other seller..what they sell..well actually that is what ebay started and was...not so much anymore..more into the NEW and bifgger sellers...but what WAS ebay was the '"stuff".

p.s. "homeless" people don't have addresses to mail to..so by policy I don't sell to homessless people...that would be "local pick up"..... gotta know your ebay rules and policiy/procedures --that where mistakes are made ...

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

From your deleted 36" bag listing: There is a brass grommet for a bag recovery line on the bottom of the bag. Assembled using Tenara (Gore) thread for lifelong stitching reliability.

From the active 36" bag listing: The bag bottom has a brass grommet to attach a dump/recovery line to. Tenara thread (Goretex) used in construction for lifelong stitching reliability.

No mention in either listing about the mystery loops. Hmmm...

If you hate eBay so much all you have to do is close your account.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/account/questions/close-account.html  Problem solved.

I do just fine on my selling account's without my phone number in my listings.

Just a FYI, this is a posting ID.

Please do not send me any more PM's. Thanks

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"I know I'm losing sales and have stopped selling that product on eBay" is more than likely your real reason for being so offended at those sellers............

I also highly doubt that the phone numbers being listed have any effect on your sales at all.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

CustomT, there are a few problems with your listings. These are not helping you.

Punctuation in titles confuses search. Majority of buyers search on mobile devices. Your listings, wordy a they are, are not suitable for cell phone search. 

Most buyers do not read, they go by pictures. You have three out of twelve. More pictures, fewer words, better titles.

There are many posters who use posting IDs, so you cannot see what they sell.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Foolish reply ujokinme...  The PM function is a tool enabled and designed by Ebay.  You can pick apart my post any way you want, but it just shows how childish you are..  My post is in reference to direct, repeated ruels violations.  Specifically, users are listing their phone numbers in their listings.  Ebay has been notified.  Notified repeatedly, and they do nothing.

Go ahead, comment on content of my listing...  There's nothing in direct violation of the rules.  

Grow up.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I could care less about the problems with my listings...  What is wrong with you people?

My issue is the FACT that other users list their phone number in their listings.  It's reasonable to believe this leads to outside sales.  In the case of the item(s) I was selling (multiple hundreds of dollars per item) a phone call and a $20-$30 savings to the buyer would, in almost every case result in a sale outside of Ebay.  This has been brought to the attention of Ebay MULTIPLE times.  In a few cases, Ebay actually edited the listings and made note of the action in the listings.

These sellers just create another listing with their phone number, or, they edit the listing and put their phone number back in.

Here's how detailed one of the sellers is in maneuvering around Ebay.  He has a web site.  On the web site, he directs you to click on a period... Yes a period, that brings up his sales page.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

AGAIN, my listings are not on trial here..  Don't like grammar?  Tough cookies.  Bad grammar is not a listing violation.  Listing a phone number IS!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Here is the policy for phone numbers:

"Email addresses, phone numbers and domain names in the title, subtitle, images or item location"

"Listing contact information (including home page web addresses that promote websites outside of eBay) in the title, subtitle, item location, or images is only allowed when the item for sale is a domain name."

Note the lack of reference to the description box. 

It has always been my understanding, only 15 years, that phone numbers in the description box were encouraged for contact with buyers. Matter of fact, eBay once owned Skype so that buyers and sellers could easily directly communicate. That initiative failed as no-one wanted to talk to ach other.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I thought that the New Year was going to bring out the best in people?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply