cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No invoice

First of all was on Craigslist,text the number,she said if we were interested in buying the ATV.she would go to eBay,for the free shipping to us..then she gave me a link to go to on eBay. It said private sale,went to the link,did what it said to do,,put the Four eBay cards number on the page we did. I was thinking that I was to get a invoice confirm everything.not yet??this was Thursday evening..

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No invoice

Have you sent off any money yet? If so, you're being scammed and your money is gone; never to be seen again and with no recourse whatsoever.

Craigslist and eBay have zero to do with each other.

Craigslist is full of scams involving cars, trucks, boats, ATVs, you name it.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

This is a common scam. If you sent anything, it is gone.

There is no ATV.

Frees hipping? Really? You believe that? 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

You have just lost your money! 

This is an OLD & WELL KNOWN SCAM!

Would you sell a vehicle with Free Shipping & allow the buyer to keep it for a week & then pay for return shipping if they were not satisfied?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

Sheep to the slaughter. For every person who learns a lesson by being scammed a 100 more are lining up to join in the financial butchering......

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

The Ebay warehouse was probably preparing it for the free shipping on Friday. Takes a few more forms to fill out compared to the paid shipping. Maybe give them a call on Monday and find out where your atv is at.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

Have you ever heard the expression "If it sounds too good to be true..."?

The real Ebay does not work like that. You clicked on a link in some email, and went to some spoof site with a bunch of Ebay logos on it....

Always remember: Never click on a link to access any site like Ebay or PayPal- always type the URL in yourself, or use the bookmark already on your computer.

Now, not only did you lose your money, but they likely swiped your Ebay password as well, and will one day (when you're least expecting it) be using YOUR Ebay account for fraudulent purposes! (Go to the REAL Ebay, and change your password now! At least you can do something about that. The money, on the other hand, is gone forever.)

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

"did what it said to do,,put the Four eBay cards number on the page we did."

And THAT is the last you will ever hear of them.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

And of prissylou on this forum.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

Awwww, C'mon..... Maybe she's giving it one more day to see if the mailman brings it. Maybe the mailman decided to ride it around a little, and will bring it tomorrow.

I know what's going to happen after another few days: Prissylou is going to take the "r" out of the user-name....

Hey, you remember that one guy a while back, who got scammed, and who assured us he was going to recover his money? He was going to contact the FBI and the IC2 and Scotland Yard the XYZ,? Wonder what ever happened to him? (I know what didn't happen; He didn't get his money back....)

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

Don't you just love these?  Must be Millennials!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

It's not all millennials.  My husband's Aunt called us the other day because she was thinking about buying a car from a woman in colorado who lost her husband.. blah blah.  I just shook my head.

Seriously, I asked her what made her think it was real?  She said, well you never know, someone might just do that."  I said, "No, hun, they wont... ever.  You are old enough to know better."  And we both laughed.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

I have stopped two people from this nonsense, both with IQs far north of 100.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

I like this 2013 Hyundai for $3,000 https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/power-2013-hyundai-sonata-24l/6273846165.html but unfortunately, it's not red so I'll have to pass.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

No invoice

Some years ago I used to feel some sympathy for the people who got scammed. Not anymore. They deserve everything they get for being so greedy, naive, and unthinking.

Those CL scams are just as ridiculous as those involving some oil minister from Namibia who has randomly picked your name and wants you to hold 20 million in cash for them due to the coup d'etat that is going on in their country.

And it's not just some ignorant redneck falling for them either. A scammer on TV some years ago in an interview (face blacked out) said that many of those wading into these scams were college educated and successful business people.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply