cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASCAR and eBay Motors

Though eBay Motors has been a sponsor of NASCAR broadcasts on Fox, now they're the primary sponsor of Ryan Newman's number 31 car in their top cup series (this weekend's Martinsville race). Not an inexpensive endeavor to say the least.

Here's eBay's take:

Geared directly to the Do-It-Yourself viewers, they'll be able to easily visit eBay Motors to virtually access an unlimited selection of parts to repair or upgrade their own vehicles.

31.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

NASCAR and eBay Motors

is ryan newman now using chinese parts on his stock car? well at least he should have plenty of air fresheners and an electric fan that plugs in the lighter port. oh, all those led lights will make his interior so nice!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

I really don't know why businesses do this.

I don't watch NASCAR or the NFL, but when I see a company brandishing logos which have absolutely nothing to deo with their business, I can't help but to think that maybe they should be concentrating on improving their own product, rather than dangling meaningless baubles before our eyes.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

Hey Ryan is a local boy!  Are you saying that Ebay Motors is just sponsoring him in the Martinsville race? A one time thing?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

It's just business, nothing more, nothing less. I would get too wound up about it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

That didn't answer my question, JR. And not wound up about it at all.  Just was curious if someone could sponsor a car for just one race for the advertising benefit.  A major sponsor of a car for the whole season is quite an investment. Ebay jumped in after the start of the season, so that's why I thought maybe it was just for this one race. That's why I was just curious as to how sponsors work.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

Sorry about that Corndog, was just making a general statement. I have no idea whether its a one time or multi-race deal. I have not followed NASCAR like I have in the past. 

I did watch part of it yesterday and Jr. was racing. I thought he had retired for good. Was his a one time deal or is he filling in for someone? 

It's too early for humans this morning......

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

I wasn't able to watch Nascar yesterday as we were helping take cars out of the car show, back to the shop where my husband works.  Are you sure it wasn't Jeffrey Earnhardt? That's JRs nephew who races.  If it was Junior himself that's cool. I always liked watching him. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

You were watching last years race.

Sundays race was postponed till today due to weather.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks! 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

NASCAR and eBay Motors

Yes you can sponsor for just one race.

i.e.
Brandon jones could not find a sponsor and Cometic Gasket paid for the wrap and the drivers suit . Minimal cost for a big outlet

Message 12 of 12
latest reply