cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mileage of Vehicle not Displayed in Search Results Any More

Recently Ebay removed the mileage of a vehicle from the search results page so now you have to go into the actual listing to see the mileage.  When Ebay doesn't enforce accurate mileage in listings and will allow listings of used vehicles of 0, you now literally have 100s of listings to filter through until you find vehicles that actually have mileage less than the filter you set.  Please fix one or the other... enforce accurate mileage or put the mileage back on the search results page so you can skip past all the people who lie and put a mileage of 0.  You report the sellers who list as 0, Ebay thanks you, never does anything to them because the same sellers show up time and time again.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Horrible!!!! Just found this out!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It just gets worse and worse. I quit looking at vehicles on here a while back. They apparently think that people have unlimited time and desire to spend hours filtering through ads to find the details. I have much better ways to spend my time.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Did a duplicate Any Make search like your example.  Mileage is displayed.  Don't know how to post a screen shot or I would let you see my search.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I haven't tried it myself, but since someone else mentioned they could see it, I would suggest trying different browsers. Sometimes Ebay listings  seem to show up on some browsers and not others. That would be a simple way to test.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Also, Lindy, sometimes Ebay tests various things, so you might get the new version, and the guy nextdoor might get the old version; or sometimes they implement new things gradually in various locations, until whatever it is is on all of their servers and nationwide.

But it has long been their modus operandi to "fix" things which aren't broken; and for "new and improved" things to be a few steps backward instead of an improvement.

Think of how great Ebay was in 1998. It was truly a free-market. Look at it now....controlled and manipulated worse than even Congress could even do.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

"Think of how great Ebay was in 1998. It was truly a free-market. Look at it now....controlled and manipulated worse than even Congress could even do."

AMEN to that, Legit!  I'm thankful I was here in the begnning when it was crazy fun and nearly everyone was wildly successful at selling and making money.  It was fun to go to the mailbox on a daily basis and find $$ in paper form of one type or another.

I used to go to a weekly auction where I would come home with 6 or 8 great antique and collectible items that I at least doubled my money on every week. Many times tripled, and once in a great while there was an unexpected homerun! 

And it was usually on something that you would never have expected or thought possible.  Ahhh, yes, those were the days.......

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Wasn't it great, Lindy? For the first time in many decades, we truly had a free market again! Not only was it great to experience, but I thought it might well be a portent of things to come- the internet giving people a renewed taste of freedom; and once they got a taste of it, it might just translate to real-life politics, and the stranglehold of government-controlled crony-capitalism (really fascism) might be dismantled!

Instead, would-be politicians and crony execs took over, and Ebay decided it wanted to compete with Amazon- and poof! All of a sudden, it became a draconian gulag, where sellers toe the line and act like they are Walmart, selling brand new Chinese merchandise, or get jetisoned!

Remember when little old ladies used to sell here, and people who were cleaning out their attics and garages; and housewives and single mothers who'd find stuff at yard sales? I didn't care if they only shipped once a week, and I didn't get my stuff for a couple of weeks. I was unique stuff at great prices, and it was FUN to shop here and deal with part-timers and non-pros.  Then Ebay came along and said that if i didn't get my stuff in beam-me-up-Scotty speed, that those sellers could no longer sell here! Why did Ebay care about this when I didn't? They drove away the very sellers I used to come here for!

Now the place is filled with a bunch of cheap dollar store Chinese garbage, at higher prices than you would have to pay at the dollar store (PLUS shipping!) even if you wanted that junk- which we don't!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes it was truly a person-to-person ecommerce site with very little interference, and guess what??  It worked! No one was in a hurry, and buyers and sellers communicated about payment and shipping time frames, and were not adversaries.

That all changed with "disruptive innovation".  When Stephanie (whatever her last name was) said that Ebay would be unrecognizable when the "innovation" was complete, never truer words  were spoken. Smiley Sad

But like I said, we can be glad we were  part of the beginning when it was fun and profitable. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Mileage will display with firefox browser. Mine stopped displaying with Chrome.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

No reason not to display it on the summary page other than making you spend more time searching thereby increasing their page view stats... very frustrating and why sites like carguru's https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceCo... are taking share from eBay

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Instead of giving us MORE info, they give us less! They used to list mileage and location. No more. I just gave up looking here, as it gets harder and harder to find what one is looking for; and takes longer and longer, and involves more and more hassles and wasted time. It's just not worth it. The whole premise of online shopping was supposed to be convenience!

It was convenient when I could get a bunch of relevant search results based on the words which I typed (and not what Ebay "thinks" I "really" want), and then peruse those dearch results and efficiently find the best candidates to click on.

Now they make it so you have to click on every one- which I'm sure initially drives page counts up, and makes it look good.....but DOESN'T result in sales; and ultimately reduces transactions, because it discourages people from using Ebay.

I liked Ebay in 1998. I liked it in 2005. I don't like it now.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

So i am guessing this is permanent? Thought it was a glitch on my end or soem setting setup...nope. 

Feels especialy good after spending 90 on a listing.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply