cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liberty Mutual Commercial - Stupid

One of the latest Liberty Mutual commercials shows a couple debating over making a "mistake" and Liberty Mutual not "holding a grudge".

I'm amazed that some marketing company actually thinks that this type of **bleep** is appealing to would-be customers.  Insurance companies do not hold grudges.  They react to risk by adjusting rates, period.

So, if you shop for a policy that does not adjust your premium for an at-fault accident, you must already be paying for it whether you ever have the accident, or not.  So, the better explanation should be that Liberty Mutual doesn't raise your rates after an accident because they've already calculated that in your original premium.

I want to see a class action lawsuit against Liberty Mutual for fraud.  

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Sounds like ^^someone^^ has a grudge against Liberty Mutual. 🙂

What I don't like about the Liberty Mutual commercials is that they just started adding a mindless jingle at the end where the jingle singers sing "Liberty."   Verrrry annoying!

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I don't have a grudge against Liberty, I am just tired of this mindless advertising that targets people who are not accountable for their actions.  Apparently the conventional thinking out there is that if using your insurance costs you more premiums, what's the point, as if the insurance company owed them something.

My favorite was the guy who says "how can my car depreciate before its first oil change".  Fine, let that guy pay full price for a vehicle that has say 3500 miles on it and then listen to him scream.

It is just stupid advertising.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

"It's just stupid advertising"

Exactly Tony!

It seems just about everything these days is geared towards a mindless, irresponsible segment of society that are all walking around in a trance staring at their phones and insurance is no different.

All the old guys and gals that knew what they were doing at the advertising agencies have all retired.

I don't watch TV. Actually don't own one and haven't for many years. The commercials and "reality tv" are to blame. 

I recall a commercial for a sedan once...it just showed the couple inside laughing and carrying on - no interior shots of the car, no exterior, just the couple clearly enjoying themselves. At the end, a tiny little sedan the size of a bug writes "Love" across the screen or something like that.

No shots of the body or styling.

Two doors? Four Doors?

No fuel mileage or engine options.

Sick or auto? Who knows?

I coined the phrase....if you can't say anything good about your car - don't say anything at all.

TV has been pretty worthless ever since they took Titus off.....

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I stopped watching after Corner Gas went off.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that looks like something worth checking out...

I see there are Corner Gas episodes on youtube.

Thanks for that mr.elmwood -

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I know right. I actually thought that commercial was kind of funny, but the new just repeating “Liberty” over and over jingle is really annoying.
Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I compared rates with my current progressive rate, a monthly premium with liberty was more than 3 months with progressive. I have 3 cars with 3 drivers and none of them are new enough to get replaced with a car one year newer. I just looked into the commercial because I remember the actor from other things.
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I am a marketing consultant.  Got involved in the business because today's marketing SUCKS!!!  There is such a lack of creativity...no message ...etc.

It is a reflection of the reality of a truly Dumbed Down America...just look at our politics ...utter stupidity.  That is the society in which we live.

I have to be careful what I say to clients as I roll my eyes a lot and want to laugh at most of what is out there parading as "marketing"...it's just plain stupidity.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Compared to the some-what amusing, pleasant ads of Progressive and Geico, the lack-luster, mundane commercials of Liberty Ins. insult our intelligence.  They are reflective of an old insurance company, run by old men, with old, out-dated,  sales tactics.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Their tv ads are just bad, all the way around.  One of the most cringe-worthy commercials I've ever seen, was the one the have with the skillet-faced girl, talking about naming your car *Brad*. Just, ew.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

With all the problems in this world this is what upsets you?

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Yeah, because the worlds problems aren't in my face every fifteen minutes with annoying mindless crud!

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

These commercials are so annoying, these and other commercials like it ruin watching tv. I agree with you 100%, and I would never get insurance from Liberty Mutual!

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

not a fan,had to laugh at the one where the guy jumps in the water

Message 15 of 30
latest reply