cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED headlight specs

OK so I've had it with these sellers advertising specs of LED headlight bulbs of 400-500 watts and 70,000-100,000 lumen per bulb!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-H7-980W-147000LM-Car-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-COB-kit-6000KWhite...

This is impossible people, and I cannot figure out why ebay is letting this false advertising happen on such a huge scale. I am a lighting engineer, and the most these LED bulbs can produce is 3000-5000 lumen per bulb. Even at that rate they still do not project the amount of light on to the road as a 2800 lumen HID bulb due to the way the light is emitted. When you see those oncoming headlights that almost blind you because they're so bright, those are HID's installed in the wrong type of headlight housing. Ebay, PLEASE STOP THIS FALSE ADVERTIDING!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

LED headlight specs

eBay is aware of all of this. There is no practical way for them to make sure each of the active 1,000,000,000, on all of eBay, listings is accurate. It is buyer beware. 

I have had this conversation with senior Motors management. There is no way to verify all the listings, the constant turnover of listings. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

Mr. E is right, but the good part is that they did remove that listing. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

I understand that they can't police every listing to insure accuracy, but if something is brought to their attention they can investigate it. It's almost every listing for LED headlights... not hard to find. It's **bleep** that they're not doing ssomething about it. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

Yep. There's been a headlight problem here for years. I'm not convinced that led's are the way to go. I see too many new cars going down the road with them out for what ever reason.  HID lights are not always compatible with the wiring harness in some headlight systems. The headlight can draw more amps than the wiring can handle thus fried wires and or a burned up car.

I agree op it is a dangerous situation that has been going on unaddressed for years.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

"their attention"?

There is no they. You are talking to computers. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

How do you figure? There are people running ebay. It's not being run by AI.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

I don't know what new cars you're looking at and seeing headlights out because auto manufactures wouldn't utilize them if they werent reliable. Also, very few new cars are produced with LED HL's; however, many are being made with most all the other lights on a car in LED. Again, it's due to their reliability and longevity. And, anyone with any auto make and model can use HID's as long as an HID harness is used. The harness employs a 40 amp relay that protects the vehicle's wiring. They cost next to nothing, so regardless of what car they're being installed in, a relay harness is very cheap insurance and allows anyone to put HID's in their car. The biggest problem is that people are installing them in non-projector headlight housings, which blinds oncoming traffic. But that's another discussion topic.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

GM seems to have a problem with lighting. Start paying attention when you're on the road to Cadillacs, GMCs, Chevys, Buicks, etc and note how many are running around with a headlight, DRL, turn signal, or park light inoperative.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

I'm looking at the ones with all the burned out led lights. Not necessarily head lights but trim lights for sure.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

LED headlight specs

I sell dome lights. Two reasons. One is they do not know how to change the bulb and break the assembly.

The other reason is that some kid "upgraded" the bulbs and burnt everything out.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply