cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay motors is ruined.

Whoever came up with the new format sucks. Cant even stand car shopping on there anymore. Cant even use the classic site.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay motors is ruined.

I would tend to strongly agree, but when I criticized Ebay in the NASCAR thread, they censored my post, claiming that it was "disrespectful"..... But you are absolutely right. It sucks from a buyer's standpoint (I can't even be bothered to search anymore- as i used to like to browse by category and then filter it), and it reeks as a seller (Maybe Ebay will note that we haven't listed anything in the last 3 months....)

Newbies can't find anything; and veterans can't pre-sort now, so the page views sellers are seeing, are in fact artificially high, because people are forced to look at their ads, instead of being able to filter them in the results- and it helps nobody, because after a few tries, they just give up.

Well, I'll perobably be banned now.... All hail Ebay!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

@legitimate_bidderwrote:   and it helps nobody, because after a few tries, they just give up.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

I also agree with you and eBay has slapped me a couple of times over comments.

I used to browse antique Harley partgs 4 or 5 times a week but just got tired of wading through a huge mountain of new Chinese junk; some of which is not even relaed to a Harley at all.

And yes, I've narrowed the search and still ended up with a mountain of junk...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

same issues here. i had several searches i veiwed twice a day, now, not at all! i hoard inline 6 parts, van parts, jag parts and anything i might need some day. i DO NOT hoard dollar store widgets! i would search my favorites like strolling threw a swap meet. looking, passing on most and buying a few items that i didnt know i wanted until i saw it. how do you find that item today? even knowing exactly what i want, search is still poluted with obviuosly unrelated items!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

@jrinamwrote:

same issues here. i had several searches i veiwed twice a day, now, not at all! i hoard inline 6 parts, van parts, jag parts and anything i might need some day. i DO NOT hoard dollar store widgets! i would search my favorites like strolling threw a swap meet. looking, passing on most and buying a few items that i didnt know i wanted until i saw it. how do you find that item today? even knowing exactly what i want, search is still poluted with obviuosly unrelated items!

Exactly.

Ebay once-upon-a-time had a unique market- a worldwide flea market where you could find anything. Then, they decided that they wanted to compete with Amazon and Walmart and dollar stores....so all of the unique good stuff is either gone or impossible to find (since they keep making it "easier"- LOL] so all Ebay is good for anymore is $5-$10 trinkets. Sad.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

I'm in complete agreement - ruined - is the word. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

I've sold on eBay motors for 10 years. I tried finding a cabin air filter for my personal vehicle. Gave up and went to Amazon, lol. Right then I realized it was time to start transitioning to building my own website. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

I used to buy a few items on eBay and a couple of classic cars from eBay. Its either saturated with junk parts and the car listings are never consistant. When it comes to auto parts, I simply go to the parts store or look on Amazon.

I used to find some very good buys on eBay, having problems doing that today. Our family business continues to do good, lot of repeat business from 20 years of doing business but that's not auto related sales.

I'm trying to get motivated to list more than 250 vintage ink pens on eBay. A lot of work to research each pen, I've sold a few at our yard sales and given them to family members. One day I'll get to them.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay motors is ruined.

I used to buy most of the parts for my tractors and equipment here...but last few years, all of the good used stuff seems to have dried up, and the new stuff is mainly Chinese junk....so I too tend to look on Amazon or other sites as my first choice.

When John Donohoe was Ebay CEO, he wanted to get rid of the "online flea-market image" and "compete with Amazon". Well, now they're competing with Amazon. How's that working out for ya, Ebay?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply