cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Motors Cars No Reserves

Every time Ebay does an update, it messes up Ebay Motors selection choices! You now can not search for cars on Ebay Motors with No Reserves! It use to be under the Show Only options (No Reserves). Now Show Only is full of useless **bleep** for auction items, like Deals & savings or bulk returns. Come on Ebay, this is not hard to figure out. Just put it back the way it was. I have no way of reaching anyone to fix the problem. I called India/Pakistan twice, they don't care. Email the message boards, no one cares. Does anyone know how to reach a real Ebay Motors worker? Thanks,

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unless the starting price is the minimum the seller will take, probably 90% of the no reserve listings will have shill bidders pushing the price up.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You could go to Open in Las Vegas, in July. I can tell you exactly what they will say to you: "Yeah, we know, go away".
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have actually purchased several cars over the years form eBay Motors auctions just because of this feature weeding out all the **bleep**.  Now its gone, and so will be the 3 purchases I need to make in the next 5 years.   Cargurus.com, here I come.  No Reserve was a great feature, with it gone, my results go up 10 fold

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Dealers listing on Cargurus pay them thousands in monthly fees. You think you will find any better deals there? Not likely. If a no reserve auction is so important to you but you don't want spend a few minutes manually finding them here, it might be time to move on.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't know what the big deal is about 'no reserves' when it comes to big-ticket items....

Most people who are serious about selling their vehicle, will list it as a Buy-It-Now, because most Motors auctions on Ebay these days end with non-paying bidders, regardless of price. At least with BIN, the seller can require that a deposit be made immediately before the ad will be snuffed.

Secondly, even in true no-reserve situations.....even starting at a dollar (We actually used to do most of our vehicle listings that way, until the non-payers became ubiquitous and Ebay did nothing about it), any vehicle that looks at all worthwhile, will be brought up to market price by the bidders. If not; if you think you are going to get some screaming deal because the seller listed without a reserve, think again, because either there is something terribly wrong with that vehicle, or the seller will not sell it for a bargain price- so why even waste your time? You're not gonna get the deal of the century just because there's no reserve.

Quite the opposite often happens: Once, we had a commercial vehicle listed- no reserve; started at a dollar- and we had someone offer us $8K for it, which is about what we were hoping to get, and thought that it would go for- but we let the auction run it's course.....and ended up getting $13K!!!!!-and the guy actually even paid!

Ever go to a real(live) auction? People are competing to see who will pay the most for something.....and the psychology of the competition tends to make most boobs overpay; having no reserve just ads to the fervor and tends to incite people to bid way beyond what the reserve would have been had one been used. That's why we loved listing no-reserve start-at-a-dollar auctions...if only Ebay would do something about the no-pays, we'd still be doing it, because it was EASIER to get MORE than what we wanted for a vehicle selling it that way, than it is to get a lower amount with Buy-It-Now. People tend to pay more when they're competing against other bidders; less when they think they're only competing with the seller.

(tl;dr version) Want a deal? Make offers on overpriced Buy-It-Nows; or bid on auctions with reserves, and watch how the seller contacts you when his reserve isn't met, or when the first 5 high bidders don't pay.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

How can we contact Ebay to get it put back? I was able to do it last time they did an update, but that's because I was calling CA. Now it goes to India/Pakistan...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

They have killed the site for me, I would rather use craigslist, that's how bad this new update is. I only want to shop no reserve, and set miles perimeter... how is this new update better???
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Every time they do an "update", we are left with less info, and fewer options. Ebay calls thjat "making it easier"- I guess they mean "Easier to go somewhere else". If they "update" the site anymore, we'll be able to view it on an abacus. Ooooo, bad analogy- an abacus has more functionality.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

What is the purpose in searching No Reserve Autos auctions?

According to the eBay Motors TOU it is NOT like eBay Marketplaces and there is no requirement for sale/purchase? IE If you "win" an auction for $12.95 they will not and don't have to sell you that Porsche for that. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply