cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit not paid - is there the usual NPB protocol for eBay Motoirs

We’ve been trying to sell our 1992 Honda Civic SI. Had one listing where the single bidder canceled after the sale. Lowered the price and relisted and had multiple bids. The winner has not yet paid the deposit, and we’re approaching 48 hours past auction close. There is no phone number for the bidder in the sales record, and I’ve sent a reminder that the deposit is due. Kept it friendly so as to not ruffle his feathers. Do I have to wait until the end of the 7-day period for him to pay, or can I open a NPB now based on non-payment of the deposit? I’d like to be able to offer it to the next highest bidder soon. Can’t find anything specific in the Help pages that covers this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@bprbargains wrote:

There is no phone number for the bidder in the sales record, 

Pull his contact info. There should be a phone number there. If it's disconnected, go ahead and offer to next bidder. That car will attract lots of 16-18 year olds so maybe buyer bid with mommy or daddys account.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Pull his contact info. There should be a phone number there. If it's disconnected, go ahead and offer to next bidder.

Thanks. Got the phone number, and left a message. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You should be listing with a buy it now instead of auction and require a non-refundable amount if they click the buy it now.

Its the only way that I know to avoid being screwed.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. We’ll try that if this doesn’t resolve well.

@tony1963 wrote:

You should be listing with a buy it now instead of auction and require a non-refundable amount if they click the buy it now.

Its the only way that I know to avoid being screwed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sorry about that previous.  

We’ll do that next time if this doesn’t go on the second chance offer.

thanks.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Tony is correct. eBay does vehicles as a "courtesy", hands off, not binding. Sellers get stuck with the frustration. Your local selling sites should draw interest if you are in a large population area.

I tried finding your listing and failed, a '92 Si should be a relatively easy sale to the ricer crowd. 96-00 are the favourite years, but 92-95, they all do the engine swaps an stuff.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. I think we may try another avenue if this fails to pan out. It’s listing #332694421658 if you want to take a look.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply