cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Fraud

I am completely discusted.

I buy a car 

Ad says salvage title. OK. Seller states vehicle title salvage due to being in a flood zone. ZERO evidence of water entry.

So I buy it - have it shipped

1) CAR had bad rust on the seat frames

2) bad rust on dipstick-yes oil dipstick

3) mud and debris in the trunk

4) rust under the hood

5) water lines in car

6) damaged tires

7) dent in fender

8 engine light on

9) bad engine misfires - cannot be driven

Seller says cars is tip top no issues perfroms as it should.

Told I wanted refund. They said OK - I pay shipping return and they will refund but only when they have car, title, and I pay shipping a second time. Along with bad tire repairs - missing lockinglugnut tool - must pay to have them removed....

2016 MAILIBU    19k miles.

So now I have a car with bad tires - wheels locked on, cant drive, wet under the seats. After wrestling with seller -  He told me to **bleep**. They will pauy ro get the bad feedback removed and **bleep**. 

Exactly what happened - EBAY said that I did not go to Florida and look at the car. Irregardless of condition and what the ad posted which my lawyer says is consumer fraud - he also says because EBAY said no harm or foul by seller - that EBAY would definitely lose this in court especially in Florida.So....I got  **bleep**badly by seller .....and by EBAY. I guess soon eaby will begine hassling me even though I have 100% feedback since 2002. I am so freaking mad. Out about 10k. This is complete **bleep**. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM . They are liars-cheaters, scammers..........

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Consumer Fraud

eBay rule #1, go and look at it.
eBay is not a player in this, between you and the seller.
We have heard this all before.

Mods will edit your post to take out the seller ID.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Consumer Fraud

This Malibu? https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Chevrolet-Malibu-LT-/253979784617?hash=item3b225ff5a9%3Ag%3AJqoAAOSw3T... Ad clearly says, WE ARE OPEN FOR 3RD PARTY INSPECTIONS. You didn't have to go to Florida and look at the car, there are inspection services that do it for you. It's a flood car you got for 50% off retail. Did you pay to send it back? if not, you have plenty of money to work with to make it run right. Probably just needs some coils or an ECM replaced. Any description like, engine in tip top shape, is just puffing. So did you return it?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Consumer Fraud

Sending it back won't work, seller will say "not as shipped from us". Detail it, service everything under the hood R&R. Flush, fill, re-flush, refill, every fluid.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Consumer Fraud

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think the seller screwed you so much as you screwed yourself.

And your lawyer says eBay will lose this case in a FL court? Good luck with that. Post back and let everyone know how that turns out.

Rust on a salt water car from FL? Who would have figured.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Consumer Fraud

Let me make some popcorn - this is going to be good.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Consumer Fraud

This is like watching a rerun that we have all seen before!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply