cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car scam

Spoiler

So I seen a few cars getting sold on eBay like 2 of them and I have them my name number and address will I still get scammed even though I didn’t give them any money ? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Car scam

If you didnt buy, why would you give them your personal info?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Just make sure your antiviral protection is up to date and run it.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

i am not the op.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

no money no scam unless you send them SS# DOB mother's maiden, checking acct # etc.

Remember: Craigslist + Ebay = SCAM

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@jhagr-7903 wrote:

So I seen a few cars getting sold on eBay like 2 of them and I have them my name number and address will I still get scammed even though I didn’t give them any money ? 

Usually you get scammed AFTER you have sent them your money. What makes you think you would be scammed if you never sent any money?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

WOW!....I go off board for a couple years and people still getting caught up in scams?.....Have we learned nothing?........How many posters from the Phil era are still on here?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

They can get that info from a phone book. They just try to look official as they steal your gift card info from a fake eBay invoice.  eBay has a warning that is 3 years old but still going strong.

Barnum's 1869 quote

“There’s a Sucker Born Every Minute”

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arkie here, just with a different account.  Welcome back!

Duncan (Arkie)

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm still here once in awhile!~

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

hi guys... only look here every several months....seems pretty much the same?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply