cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone advise on Lexus car for parts value?

I'm a recently widowed senior, needing to sell a 2001 Lexus 430 LS car for parts. The car was registered in my husband's business name. Since he is now deceased and the business no longer exists, I have to sell it as salvage car for parts, without the title. I've been trying to find out the best price I can expect to get for it, with no luck, so I'm hoping one of the eBay car buffs might have some suggestions for me.

Aesthetically, the car has been sitting for some time and is deteriorating: interior upholstery tears, sun damaged dash ledge, exterior moldings oxidized and peeling, a broken rear tail light and a few minor dings. Mechanically, I used to start it regularly and put air in the tires but it's been sitting so long the battery no longer takes a charge and tires don't hold air. I suspect it just needs a new battery and tires. Prior to these issues,  it ran like a champ so the engine and mechanical parts should all be in great shape for anyone wanting to part it out.  It was a top of the line model in its day.

I honestly don't know anything about cars so I would be really grateful for suggestions on an asking price, based on what I do know about it and have outlined. I plan to list it for local pickup, as it will need to be towed.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

5 1/2 cents a pound in my area.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Unfortunately...not much. Not many people wanting major parts for a car of that vintage; and having been just sitting for so long, many of the mechanical/electrical parts will be in as poor shape as the external parts......

Pretty much, what ever someone is willing to give it for you....anything above scrap price will be a windfall.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Not very much, is it? But thank you.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for this information. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but I appreciate the reply.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There is value in some parts, but, only if bought at scrap value and then parted out. Most parts are worth nothing.

I sell parts and know what cars are worth. This is scrap value.  Sorry.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

put it on C list for $300 OBO , take what they offer.
You never know, you may help save someone from buying a Volvo.
How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That's my vote for chuckle of the week................

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

That's my vote for chuckle of the week................

Mine too! You wouldn't expect any less of me! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply