cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audi CEO Arrested Over Diesel Scandal - I'm Glad

There is and was no excuse for what happened.  To "win" by cheating is not winning.

I'm glad that there is accountability for criminal behavior.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They all cheat. Honda got caught for PCM tampering so as to avoid setting a misfire code. Subaru covered up a steering rack pinion problem, Ford covered up the TFI module problem, GM with ignition switches, etc, etc.

The CEO of Mitsubish was arrested for conspiracy to cover up a recall problem and several top level Toyota execs were arrested for doing the same thing as the Mitsubishi guy. And that's just skimming the surface.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Took 3 years to find a scapegoat and the laws in Europe are much more liberal than the states. The same CEO could of been arrested for eating a ham sandwich upside down, Americans really don't care about the arrest.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I believe that they do.  The story just broke last night and the comments are already stacked a mile high.  Most that I read are tired of the lack of integrity demonstrated by leadership (or lack thereof).

There will be a return to solid values, it is just going to take its toll on the current executive minds who want to win at any cost, including their own demise.

I, for one, have always believed in integrity.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Personally, I believe there should be more arrests of car manufacturer execs and possibly even some engineers.

Some people have been badly injured or even killed due to some of these coverups.

Many years ago Subaru had a recall for weak seat backs. This involved removing the seat back cover and replacing the internals. I owned a Subaru that was purchased from the Subaru dealer where I worked.

I figured I'd do the recall myself and get paid a token amount for doing so. Subaru insisted my car did not exist. Repeated efforts to get an approval went nowhere; and the VIN was entered correctly multiple times both by me and by the warranty clerk. I finally gave up. The car's history was verifiable clear back to the original sale date.

So one day while tooling down the turnpike at 70 MPH there was a loud crack and I found myself looking straight up at the dome light. Luckily there was no one around me and I managed to get it stopped without going in to the ditch by holding the steering wheel straight and applying the brakes.

Once stopped I hoisted myself up by the steering wheel and started breathing again....

I had to finish my trip by placing the spare tire behind the driver's side seat to keep it upright. And still Subaru balked.

My understanding is that this happened to someone in  the southern part of the state and they went into the ditch; injuring both driver and passenger.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You should have requested the recall information from NTSB and then verified that the vehicle's VIN was included in the recall.  Once you had your evidence, you could have replaced the part yourself and documented Subaru's attempt to avoid the repair.

Then, file suit in small claims in your area.  Once Subaru got the notice of suit, they probably would have paid you and your court costs.

It is a shame that people have to go to these levels to get attention.  I remember many years ago, when I lived in Ohio, I had a bad dishwasher that was purchased new.  The manufacturer avoided me and the local dealer wasn't much help.  I filed suit.

The manufacturer rolled out the red carpet, installed a new unit, paid the court fees.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply