cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Craiglist cars that say ebay scam?

Hello,

So I was lookijng to purchase a car and found a deal on craigslist. it said "2012 Nissan Altima for $1900" I called the number and left a voice mail and that person get back to me with a text saying if I am interested in purchasing email her (she gave the pursonal email). I emailed asking for more info on milage and title becasuse carigslist did not say. They got back to me stating it is a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P with all the detail (engine capacity, milage, etc). They also sent me pictures through Use.com as well. I asked where they live and They said they are in military training, their husband passed away and they will be deploid for a year and said they are a member of the eBay buyer protection program. They said it in their military base crated and ready to go. There is no delivery charge brcause they will be managng it, it will be delivered within 2-3 days with a clear title and registration and I have 5 days of testing period and during the 5 days the seller will not get any money because its inspection period, if I decided to keep it then the money will be released to the seller. They need to know if I'm interested, they can ask eBay to send me the details on this deal and want my contaxct info for eBay such as full name, shipping address and phone number.

This is too good to be true!

Is this a sam!!! can I believe and go on with the deal or what should I do? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Your instincts are correct.  Scam!!!  Would you let some stranger drive your car around for five days to see if they like it?  Do not send any money, stop all comunication and check your computer for any malware!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

100 % scam

Price too good to be true

Free shipping that will cost more than the price of the car

NOTHING listed on craigslist has anything to do with eBay.  Both sites have warnings about it.  They will be glad to send you a fake eBay page making you think it's through eBay.  It is not.

Do not send money.  Do not communicate with this person at all.  The car does not exist.

You have been warned.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@nnunaz3wrote:

Hello,

it said "2012 Nissan Altima for $1900" I called the number and left a voice mail and that person get back to me with a text saying if I am interested in purchasing email her (she gave the pursonal email). I emailed asking for more info on milage and title becasuse carigslist did not say. They got back to me stating it is a 2008 Honda Accord LX-P with all the detail (engine capacity, milage, etc).

Sounds like bait and switch. I would demand that they sell me the 2012 Altima for $1900, not some old Honda.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I want a red one. See if they have a red one.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@mr.elmwoodwrote:

I want a red one. See if they have a red one.

they had 3 red ones, i bought them all! they did still have a pink one but it was $100 more.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Oh, oh, oh pish-tosh!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@nnunaz3

Get it fast.

We jump into Normandy in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Neither car even exists unless it's owned by someone else. Everything in the ad and everything you were told in an email is total you know what.

Demand to pick the car up in person and tell them you will  gladly pay an extra grand for such a deal.

See how far that goes...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply