cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone sold a car on ebay to an overseas buyer? (1988 Ford F-250)

I have a 1988 F-250 Ford with 13K original miles on it-Would like to know if anyone here has sold a car/truck on ebay and sold to an overseas buyer? Any info will be very welcome! Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, many of us have- but that doesn't mean that there aren't just as many scams for every legitimate buyer.....

Seems unlikely for that type of vehicle- usually they're interested in Mercedes or classics.

Just remember: Only accept bank wire transfer for payment (you can accept PayPal just for the initial deposit), and no "overpayment, and then you send me the difference or pay the shipper" **bleep**. Just accept bank wire for the payment, and send nothing but the vehicle and the title.

Transactions with legit overseas buyers can be better than average, as they are often nicer to deal with than typical Americans these days....but don't let your guard down until the money is in you hand.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that the market for good, clean, used trucks, especially F-250's with low milage is without doubt the largest right here in the US of A. With only 13,000 miles? If it's clean and not rusted out everywhere you should be able to sell that thing in one weekend. Why bother with all the overseas hassle? - 96.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

That's a great point! My brother had that idea about the overseas thing-It has NO rust and is currently listed as of last night. Please take a look if you can to tell me what you think about the price. Thanks for the info! Deb

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - 4 wheel drive as well. From the pictures it does look very clean. The 460 Ford V-8 was/is a great motor. Super reliable and tons of low end power - great for towing.  Low milage and always garaged. Has a certain ring to it that buyers love to here. And you can tell it's been taken care of. Out here in California those headlight covers fog up pretty bad from the sun - those look pretty good. Are you selling it locally as well? The reason I ask is that seems like a "must see" to truly appreciate the condition and milage (and fetch the best price).  If it has anything wrong with it - it's the fact that it's on Ebay. Although many seem to do quite well selling cars on the internet, I think a lot of buyers are reluctant to buy a vehicle on the internet. But that may or may not be a big deal. Ebay is exposing your truck to what, maybe millions of possible buyers who ARE shopping for a vehicle on the 'net. But parking it on a good safe corner in your hometown may cause you to hook up with the one person who can appreciate  (and purchase) it as well. Best of luck to you and your brother. I hope it all works out for you - 96

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lovemycritters77 - Wow! Looks like it's working....you're getting some good bids, 19 watchers, and 4 views per hour. Not bad!  - 96.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wow. Now I know why the interest from abroad.  I have sold a couple of cars that went overseas. It's not that big of a deal. Both times I had zero problems. They paid wire transfer and made all the arrangements. All I had to do was send the title to where thy told me. They came and picked it up.  One buyer actually owned the shipping company and the other had done this before and knew how to make the arrangements.

That said even if a overseas buyer doesn't win it they will at least run it up. Only thing I see missing is pictures of the undercarriage. What a nice looking truck. I wouldn't change a thing on that truck!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply