cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody watch THE CARS THAT MADE AMERICA on the History Channel

http://www.history.com/shows/the-cars-that-made-america

Produced by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and will rerun on Saturday. Fairly interesting 3 part program on the early years of the car industry.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I dont watch TV but, it sounds interesting.  I might have to see if I can stream it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

yes:plus NOW i am watching CAR COUNTRY on same channel

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Good stuff!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Pretty interesting show but has its flaws.

Mainly the bit about the first OHV Chevy engine while they're in front of a '55 Mercury, not a '55 Chevy.

Or claiming that a 49 Ford was the first to enter the modern era of streamlining. I don't think so. Guess they forgot about Hudson, Tucker, Nash, and others.

Still, way better than most of the garbage that clutters up TV.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Quite a few minor errors or omissions showing the producers didn't consult enough car people. Detailed how the 64 GTO was the first muscle car but only showed 1965 models.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I watched it.  ALL of it.  Had not heard of it, found it by accident.  Was so very interesting.  I am hoping to find this in DVD form so I can have my own copy.  So good!!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So many production & editing errors in this segment; it was far from accurate or authentic. More detailed comments to come.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just watched episode 3, where they discuss John DeLorean's development of the Pontiac GTO. However, the producers, directors, etc. must have thought a Buick 4 door sedan would be just fine as a stand-in when filming that segment. And that was just one of dozens of inaccuracies. Another was talking about the 55 Chevy and its landmark 265 engine while showing a Pontiac and then an Olds. What an absolute joke of a documentary.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply