Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1965 Riviera

#112616031141 is not as described! Dont get ripped off 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

1965 Riviera

Looks good to me. What isn't as described in the listing? It is a 65 Riviera.

Where is the rip-off part of the listing that I missed?

Thanks

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

It says 1965 Buick Riviera Grand  Sport {should be Gran}. The Gran Sport came with {among other things} a 425 ci motor with dual quad carbs not a 401. A real GS would say Riviera  Gran Sport on the glove box not Riviera by Buick, this one does not. A huge difference in value if you ask me. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

I would hope that anyone looking for a Riviera would use a little diligence and make sure they know what they're buying before handing over any money.

Other than the Gran Sport claim they seem to be pretty upfront about it all and it could (guessing...) they may honestly think that it's a GS.

Maybe someone posted the ad for them and made a mistake.

Maybe it actually WAS a GS at one time and this is the end result.

Who knows.

The other side of the coin is that the car is heavily modified and nowhere near original anyway; Gran Sport or not.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

I for one am sure glad you took the time to warn me that a resto-mod is not original. Who knew!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

I do agree, you should know what you're buying. But the thing is, I asked the seller about the details and he wrote back and said it should not have been listed that way, yet it is not changed. I was just trying to let bidders know anyway.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

@gusgrimes wrote:

It says 1965 Buick Riviera Grand  Sport {should be Gran}. 

Tomato, tomato,  check, cheque. As Mr.E pointed out, it's not going to matter much on a modified car. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

Sure would like to see the driver's side of the Buick, the rear bumper doesn't align with the body lines. It's like something is being hidden in my opinion.

Whomever did the work on the car just never finished it, needs a little more interior work, little details like paint overspray cleaned off, polish the bumpers, and the biggest item would be to detail the engine.

A little more work put into it would bring $25K to $30K on this one, but the way it is, $12K to $15K. These Buick Rivieras restored correctly can bring $35K to $45K, just because they are a highly desired car

I do like the paint on the rear axle and gas tank, anyone know what type of paint they used on them?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

1965 Riviera

Agree Jr,   Nice start though.

I parted out a 63 rivi once, those early ones are put together like a tank, I kid you not 3 panels on the doors inner , mid , and exterior skin. LOL.

to me the { look } they have going on the rear and tank to me looks like just plain old base coat, I hope they shot a couple coats of  100 % flat clear on it for durability.

SEM makes some flat colors that are pretty hard and stain resistant.

How can I miss you if you wont go away ?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply