cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay offers the first seven vin reports free. How does that work when Autocheck asks for 24.99?

This is not intuitive, whatever this process is.  Autocheck wants 24.99 for a vin report.  This is the first vehicle I am selling and I understand it is supposed to be free.  Do I pay for it first and get reimbursed, or credited later.

Can anyone direct me to how to manuver around this 24.99 fee

yes i am new to this stuff,

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay offers the first seven vin reports free. How does that work when Autocheck asks for 24.99?

I've heard there are some rip off sites that charge you money and do nothing for you. I'd do some web research on the company's name and see if you find any bad reviews on them.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the response, I was thinking no-one ever responds to these posts. I called E-bay motors about it and there response was. Seller puts in the VIN # and the report shows up after the seller posts there vehicle. Not certain I believe that one either, as I don't see a report when I bring E-Bay anonymously. I see nothing that shows previous owners or much title info.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

With Motorcycles very little info would be in. Most bike accidents are not reported as old bikes were not insured for collision, so no claims were made. The main thing with a bike is that you personally see it and have expert eyes look it over.  It is always better to buy local or from a dealer who is honest. When you look at it you must look for things that need to be done to make it roadworthy like tires, chains, sprockets, ect. and deduct the cost from the asking price.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply