cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harley Davidson Pewter Plate, Bracket, What exactly is this?

Hello and thanks in advance for any ID help I can get!

I bought this and I am not sure what it is.  It's made of Pewter and about 6 inches by 2 1/2 inches.  Two metal "pins" or protrubences stick up in the back that are about 3 inches apart and clearly mount onto something.  Does it go on a motorcyle?  Some type of license plate embellishment? 

Thanks much!

K

May 2 14 1 005.JPG

May 2 14 1 001.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, I thought I had this one, but not quite! I put 'Harley 95th pewter' in the ebay search and came up with a bunch of metal candy tins with a pewter emblem on the lid. (see item # 111318164667 for an example) Only problem is, those emblems aren't big enough - and they have 3 pins. BTW, nice try on 'protuberances' Smiley Wink But it has to be for something similar - maybe they made a 2-lb. box? lol

It's flat/straight on the back, right? That pretty much eliminates its being a fender or gas tank badge, as either of them should have some curve to them. Hmmm...

Took another stab at it - put 'harley 95th box' in the search. Check item # 321342662698 - that emblem looks about the right size, given the dimensions of the box. If that's not it, sorry, you're on your own!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Well, I thought I had this one, but not quite! I put 'Harley 95th pewter' in the ebay search and came up with a bunch of metal candy tins with a pewter emblem on the lid. (see item # 111318164667 for an example) Only problem is, those emblems aren't big enough - and they have 3 pins. BTW, nice try on 'protuberances' Smiley Wink But it has to be for something similar - maybe they made a 2-lb. box? lol

It's flat/straight on the back, right? That pretty much eliminates its being a fender or gas tank badge, as either of them should have some curve to them. Hmmm...

Took another stab at it - put 'harley 95th box' in the search. Check item # 321342662698 - that emblem looks about the right size, given the dimensions of the box. If that's not it, sorry, you're on your own!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi there and thank you so much for your response!

About had a heart attack when I checked out your listing--$2000.  But of course that is for the entire tool-box.  That thing is rock and roll gorgeous!  I think you are right.  It is flat and has just the 2 pins (protrubences was an unncessisarily fancy word :).  Hopefully someone will want this to embellish something Harley they have!

I love the way you write--you made me laugh.  I really appreciate your help! 🙂

Blessings,

Kari

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"My dear mother passed away last night, April 23rd, after a battle with breast cancer.  I will be out of town until approximately April 29th but will check messages in case you have questions or submit an offer.  I will try to reply to any messages as soon as I can. I appreciate your business very much--feel free to purchase if it is okay if I ship it next week.

Blessings!
Kari "

Condolances, Kari.  
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much--she was an irreplaceable lady. In eBay language--OOAK, One of a Kind.  Bless Your Heart! 🙂

Kari

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

they are tank badges one goes on each side of the tank but there is a bracket that attaches to the tank and then those attach to the bracket 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 6 of 6
latest reply