cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT SELL A FRAME WITH TITLE, WHY???

btdc
Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me why I cant sell a motorcycle frame with a title? I just had an auction listed and have searched all over for why. Help.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

btdc
Enthusiast
Oops, meant to say had a listing cancelled.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay will continue to let scam artist list ads, pulling only those that get reported. But let an honest seller try to list a frame and its legit title. All of a sudden no way, this may be used to license hot bike parts as a whole bike. Well it appears you can sell frames without titles. I see some listed with the description stating that anyone wishing to know what type of documentation is available with the sale may email to enquire. Careful use of wording to ensure no mention of a "title" to be sold is the key.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Me too i had a frame on ebay and metioned the title . I have purchased a whole bike motor trans and everything .But i do not want the frame as i am going in a complete different direction on the looks . The frame has numbers on it the title does me no good if i sell the frame without it . Not sure what to do a expensive wall ornament ,....

What will ebay allow how do i do this correct , it is a part not a complete motorvehicle .

Any ideas Tanks

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Try Craigs List. These morons have not f'd that up yet. Plus it is free. They have completely screwed up the motorcycle listings by making it better. Click on Other Makes and it defaults to Any Make. Sooner or later people will stop listing on ebay and then maybe they will get the hint. I have not purchased any thing here in many years.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

OK this nis my Question In 1903 to 1969 Harley davidison put the vin numbers on the engine cases and a title was created. After that all motorcycle had the vin numbers on the frame. Now if I sell the motor only or frame with the  title is this considered a motor vehicle?    They let me sell the cases with the title, but charged me 10% instead of the $125 vehicle charge.  which way is it ( part with a title of a motor with a title.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you sell the frame without the title it does not do the new owner anygood to buy the frame. 

I found out the hard way. It is required by most states that the title be sold with the frame period. 

The frame is basically the vehicle, the same rule applies with car frames something else I learned the hard way.

Anyone on here telling you it is okay to sell the frame with out the title is dead wrong!

Those of you on here who don't beleive me I suggest you contact your local State Patrol for the real truth on selling 

motorcycle frames or car or truck frames with no title.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If you are going a different direction then the new frame for your bike must come with a title. Trust me I have been down this 

road before. If you sell the current frame you must also include the title. No if's or but's about it!!! I had to deal with issues on

both cars and motorcycle frames and found out the hard way that buying a frame with out a title is a long road of hassels that 

usually lead to a frame you can't use period. Contact your local State Patrol for the real truth on buyibg and selling frames this 

will save you a serious legal headache down the road!!!!!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I don't get that either!!!! Who said you can't sell a frame with the title? It is required by law!!!

If ebay said you can't then they are seriously wrong on that!!! The frame is actually considred 

to be the motorcycle and selling the frame with out the title is illegal in just about every state I

know of.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

do not use the word title unless it is an actual brand name frame harley honda yamaha etc...

I used to sell frames and it is actually called a manufactures certificate of origin not title 

title is for an entire bike hope this helps 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yep you are right I meant to say manufactures certificate, but for some reason 

kept putting down title!!!!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply