cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOGUS HARLEY PART ADS PN# 50190-96

Hi,

Just want to give a heads up to anyone looking for the Harley Davidson CHROME nostalgic passenger footboard , floorboard insert HD part number 50190-96 .

I have seen quite a few sellers trying to sell the stock passenger OEM rubber footboads that came on most all HD touring models as the chome nostagic ones! On top of that from the ones I have see so far are used! Read below

Note the OEM ones are all black rubber

Nostalgis ones ate chrome with rubber on top.

List of bogue ads so far:

eBay item number:
eBay item number:
eBay item number:
eBay item number:

For a start, now most important wether it be the nostalgic or OEM rubber inserts you must look closley at the bottom of the piece. You should see a enlongated tip on the rubber mounting numbs. If it it is not there the item is used and for all pratical porposes can not be used again!

Why??? That elongared rubber on the mounting nub is used to pull the larger nub through the mounting hole on the metal footboard frame. Once its pulled through that skinnier piece is then cut off flush to the botton of the metal frame.

Look at my attacted pix. Where it says that the tips rotted off they actually did and the item was useless  as it can not be mounted again w/o tnose tips being attached.

But where is show rotted off  is where you would cut the skinnier piece off once it was used to pull through the mounting hole and again its cut off flush!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0