Model Railroading Is Fun
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Concrete/Asphalt effects

Time to reach into the knowledge banks.. What's the best method for modelling concrete and asphalt whether it be for a retaining wall or road pavement or sidwalks? Books are expensive here in Canada so I'm hesitant in buying a book for one section of...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Essential tools and their proper use.

Here is a list of essential tools for home, car, general repair and modeling and their proper use. Tools And Their Proper Uses 1. DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smac...

Variations When Listing Model Railroad Decals

I wish it was possible to list model railroad decals with variations in color. I have several sets where some are printed in one color and some in a second. Selling, tracking, and managing them on eBay would be so much simpler if I could break the li...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need Help Identifying Accessories

Can someone please help me identify these model railroading accessories? They may be HO Scale or N Scale.The two brown and tan hard plastic pieces look like bridge abutments with pier-like log pilings. They have no markings. Each piece measures appx....

20191113_181858.jpg 20191113_181908.jpg 20191113_181832.jpg

Track compatibility

I am new to model railroading. As a Coca Cola Collector, I decided to build a Coca Cola set for under my Christmas tree. So far I have purchased only Athearn equipment. I bought a locomotive/caboose set first that came with an oval track. This track ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

LIONEL BOX - marked 9E14

Any trains guys out there... would you say this is an original box for the pre-war Lionel 9E locomotive? Box is marked 9E14.... anyone know what the "14" would indicate... maybe color or? There's also another number - hard to see but I think it's "9E...

Bidding on HO Trains - Rivarossi 4-6-2 Light Pacific

Mon 10-29-18 4:25 p.m. I like the Rivarossi 4-6-2 Light Pacifics. They have spoke-type drivers and 4-wheel trucks on the tender. I have repaired a good number of them. This post covers some issues which might be helpful before you bid and buy. In goo...

The World of Precision HO Locomotive Repair

Thurs 10-18-18 6:44 p.m.Hi:I have this fantasy that every HO locomotive I purchase on ebay is repairable. The reality is that some of the locomotives have "hidden damage / wear" as well defective / missing parts which are not visible in photos. When ...

Making Parts Which Are Missing on HO Trains

Sat 9-22-18 9:44 p.m. Hi: I have been writing quite a few posts related to HO trains on the ebay discussion boards (Selling and Bidding & Buying). In particular, I have been advocating for splint packaging to protect HO locos when they are shipped to...

Buying Used HO Diesel and Steam Locomotives - Pricing and Quality Issues

Fri 9-21-18 9:28 p.m. After some 40 years of buying and repairing HO locomotives, I thought it might be helpful to provide some tips on purchasing used, "low-end" diesel and steam locomotives. The most common are what I call the "bacon / lettuce / to...