cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Daily Moose

Here is a link to Bar Mills Models on-line newspaper and information station. Art has 4 new on-line videos that you might find interesting. The first two are about Bar Mills Models itself. The next two are instructive videos. One on different types of glues and their use and the other on the new Bar Mills weathering powders. There are also pictures of some of the kits available. Enjoy. http://barmillsmodels.com/dailymoose_05A_05.html
Message 1 of 1,057
latest reply
1,056 REPLIES 1,056

The Daily Moose

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Pete, Thanks for the link! I especially liked the glue video. (always a messy problem for me!) Watching how they actually make the lazer kits was informative. I truly had no idea! Very interesting. Dot
Message 2 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

brintontbutler
Enthusiast
Thanks Pete, They were all great! Loved the glue and powder videos. Brinton
Message 3 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

2005fjohn
Enthusiast
Hello every one, From my occaisional visits to the group, I am struck by the wide scope of subjects which get covered. This link was most informative. Do you have a link to this company's model sales.It would be appreciated. Greetings to all in the group from Holland. Chips
Message 4 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Here's your link Chips http://www.barmillsmodels.com/ Pete
Message 5 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

2005fjohn
Enthusiast
Hi Pete, Thankyou for the Link. Chips.
Message 6 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Anybody getting the Daily Moose? Bar Mills has mostly been producing HO stuff lately, but there are new N scale and O scale things in the works. The web site above has some great pictures of customers models if you need painting and weathering ideas. B-)
Message 7 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

The September Daily Moose has some new N scale stuff in it to be released soon, like Wicked Wanda's and the Idaho Hotel. Other scale have new kits too. Here's the link: http://barmillsmodels.com/dailymoose_09_07.html That hotel is the one I'm building in O scale right now, soon to be finished. B-)
Message 8 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

crazyd37
Enthusiast
That hotel is even reminicent to those that were around here Pete. Where do you think that ice house is modeled from?
Message 9 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Dot, The hotel is called the Idaho Hotel. Don't know if it is modeled after a certain hotel in Idaho. Same for the Bank's Ice House. There may be an actual old ice house in a town called Banks but I doubt it. Art likes to name kits after his friends at times or just plain make them up. I'm sure both kits are patterned after some prototype though. He lives in Maine so most of his stuff has an eastern flair. B-)
Message 10 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Barry, to answer your question, the Idaho Hotel is soon to be released in N scale according to the latest Daily Moose. Did you use the link I posted? Also Wicked Wanda's. B-)
Message 11 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Yep I had a look, very interesting. ;)
Message 12 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

Just saying hello. Been busy last few days and just finished doing a ramp ceremony. (funeral you see on tv of soldiers carrying casket onto the airplane on the tarmac) Talk later. dave
Message 13 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, Our condolences. That must always be a tough ceremony for you and your comrades. Be safe.
Message 14 of 1,057
latest reply

The Daily Moose

One more day of work and I am leaving on the 22nd. Found out we are stopping over in Cologne,Germany overnight. woohoo!!! Tomorrow is last chance to get downtown for some shopping. Gotta get some gold for some people. Plus with the leave I get for post deployment I don't go back to work til Nov 12. I hear my trains calling me. The smell of glue will be quite refreshing after 2 months of insense like perfumes at the malls. The arabic perfumes don't do much for me. I like the good ol' Frech eau de toilette. Soon to be homeward bound D
Message 15 of 1,057
latest reply