cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New purchases #2

My new N scale Shay should be here soon. I think that June is the Canadian F7 release also. B-)
Message 1 of 922
latest reply
921 REPLIES 921

New purchases #2

I joked with LHS saying that MTL is gonna release at the last minute a notice saying they are gonna be late with the f7 release.
Message 2 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

According to www.4nscale.com they are still expecting the Canadians Loco FT series to ship in June.Sure hope so I got two of them coming. Jack
Message 3 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

Jack, why are you getting two? You know there will be a B unit later and maybe a different numbered A also. B-)
Message 4 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

Pete, I have no idea why I ordered two when the notice came out. Stupid maybe, If they do come out with a B unit or different A units I can sell one to pay for the other. Or I can go the route of still in the orignal box never run scenario that might bring an extra buck or two should I live so long. Jack
Message 5 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

Everyone loves a NIB, still has factory air loco!!! CJ]:)
Message 6 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

I decided a few weeks ago to part with my Atlas SW1500 dummy calf that I had painted up as my shortline. Went to LHS today and it was sold. Also dropped off one of my I/Mtn 'frito lay' hoppers. that dutch auction finally arrived yesterday after a month. I kept the Potocan and one frito lay car for my layout.LHS got a shipment of I/Mtn cars this week. One style was the famous and always sold out Saskatchewan Wheat board grain hopper. so I used up my store credit (from loco sale) to put towards it. Only 2 cars left on layaway. ANd several more on order still. Plus new I/Mtn releases so I looked at color order form and placed an order for the new Saskatchewan grain car (green in color), CN lifesaver or rainbow whatever cyl hopper, and a Saskatchewan Potash cyl hopper I/Mtn collector...eventually opened and to be run dave
Message 7 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

Not a purchase but a sale. I finally decided to sell off my two MRC CM20s. Hate to see them go, but I'll never have use for them again, even with the proposed small N layout. Might as well let someone else get good use out of them. They are now listed and I hope I didn't price them too high. I'm still waiting for my second Shay to arrive. B-)
Message 8 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

What are you gonna use for the N layout?
Message 9 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

I have a new dual MRC280. I also have two older MRC TechII 2500s. Plenty of power for the N. B-)
Message 10 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

The new Shay came today and it is a winner. Runs like a dream. Now I have two for the N scale layout. Today I decided that I would check out the operation of the engines on a steep slope which I will need for the small layout. The Shays, GP18, Consolidated and the F3 all would climb the 7% grade I set up. Sadly, the Galloping Goose will not climb any grade, period. I will have to have a totally level section to be able to run it. Now, do I sell it or keep it? It's the cutest little thing and runs so well. Maybe I'll try to put some weight into it before too long and test it again. All I really need is about a 4% grade anyway. B-)
Message 11 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
Newest purchase wasn't much. Finally got the fuel rack to go with my tanks for the fuel depot. New in package Con-Cor fuel rack for $6.00 plus shipping. Still have the problem about ham at half price. Lou
Message 12 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

-Plywood and cement board, Durabond 90 and various supplies $200+ -New bathtub $299 +tax -New (Delta brand) control valve/tub spout/shower nozzle -many many pipe fittings,etc $210 -powersaw blade for cement board and shut off valves $26 -Soon to be $100 + fpr the bit of vinyl floor I need and few hundred bucks in tile for walls. Maybe a new toilet too. Still a shitty vanity counter and sink Somebody match that in railroad purchases. Blah!! I'm broke X-(
Message 13 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

Close to $1000. Three HO scale Big-Boys with DCC and sound ought to do it. Or an NCE DCC set up and 3 or 4 On30 engines. Hey wait a minute! That's what I have! Golly gee whiz! You mean I could have remodeled the bath room if I didn't want to have fun? :D I'm home now waiting for the bad news from FORD. B-)
Message 14 of 922
latest reply

New purchases #2

crazyd37
Enthusiast
7 grand in septic work, ongoing. Should be finished tomorrow!!! And if you ask what that has to do with railroad purchases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no money for any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 15 of 922
latest reply