cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership

We have a new member who has been published in three scale mags and has 40 years experience. Join in the fun and introduce yourself. In spite of all the stuff here, we don't bite and we do do trains. TheCodFadda B-)
Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Membership

That is exciting, to have that much experience join us. Welcome aboard! CJ]:)
Message 2 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Glad to have you, enjoy our small, but friendly group!
Message 3 of 95
latest reply

Membership

g-pa1
Enthusiast
Well MOST of us don't bite!!! Welcome Gene
Message 4 of 95
latest reply

Membership

thomaspspence
Enthusiast
Hello, all! I haven't had much time to look around your site yet, but finding this welcoming thread was a nice surprise. You'll soon discover that my Forum name doesn't match my published articles... but I really am that person. I'm not trying to take credit for someone else's work! I'm just used to using my original (pre-adoption) name on Internet sites. If you remember these (or want to look them up) my articles can be found here: MAKING BRICKPAPER WITH COLORED PENCILS Model Railroader magazine. July 1997. Pg 105 SCENERY BEFORE THE BENCHWORK: REBUILDING MY HOME LAYOUT INTO NMRA MODULES Railroad Model Craftsman magazine, Sept. 1997. Pg 83 BRICKS AND SHINGLES N Scale magazine, Sept/Oct 1997, Pg 33. PICKET FENCES N Scale magazine, Jan/Feb 2002, Pg. 43. A common theme that runs through them is-- CHEAP AND EASY! Sure, I scratchbuild a lot, but my methods are just that; cheap and easy. I swear, if you can put together these craftsman kits, you can do a terrific job scratchbuilding. Some people seem to go to such great lengths to avoid scratchbuilding that they actually work HARDER to get the same (or lesser) results! Hopefully, I can encourage some of you to try. Be warned, though, you may find you'll have to give up buying expensive supplies... my best models have been made from cardboard and paper... even the brick ones! I'll dig out some photos to post soon and I have some topics I'd like to discuss. But not to lecture-- Lord knows I've got my shortcomings... don't even ask me about electronics! I joined the modular group just to get out of wiring!
Message 5 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Looking forward to your pics!
Message 6 of 95
latest reply

Membership

g-pa1
Enthusiast
Thomas... We do have several accomplished structured builders here and I wish I'd read your articles before my smash building episodes with brick (and yes a hammer was involved). I've tried the coloring brick with colored pencils re a MR article and the best result I've had is with Plastruct brick and Robert's brick morter formula. Pete who is currently on holiday lol, Dot, and Dave who is currently in the Middle East show the rest of us the way. Gene
Message 7 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Welcome Thomas, This is a pretty good family you have joined, I'm not much of a building builder but do scratch build locos and rolling stock, I am pretty familiar with an airbrush and may be able to help with electrics when needed, I live in Australia, none of the others hold that against me, I hope we will hear from you often, and I am also looking forward to seeing your photos. Barry ]:)
Message 8 of 95
latest reply

Membership

thomaspspence
Enthusiast
I posted some photos tonight in a new album, Spence's Photos. But it wasn't until after I hit UPLOAD that I realized I hadn't checked the size of the photos. They might be too big, sorry. I'll fix it as soon as I know for sure.
Message 9 of 95
latest reply

Membership

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
Thomas, welcome to our little group of model railroaders. I feel that you will help several of us with model building in general, especially me. Lou
Message 10 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Well as usual I shot my mouth off and asked a question when the answer was here all along. Thanks for the list of articles Tom. The pics are fine and now posted. B-)
Message 11 of 95
latest reply

Membership

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Nice pics! I especially like the one of your parents home! You have given me some ideas!!!
Message 12 of 95
latest reply

Membership

sd35
Enthusiast
How Cool! Thomas, I just scanned your MR Brickpaper into my pdf archives. Welcome aboard Kevin
Message 13 of 95
latest reply

Membership

2005fjohn
Enthusiast
Hi Thomas. Hello and Welcome from across the big pond. I am not often here but I am glad to be able to welcome you also. I hope to be more in attendance in the near future. Hello to one and all. Best Regards. John.(Chips).
Message 14 of 95
latest reply

Membership

Tonight I added Snookie to our fold. Snookie is building an HO scale layout and re-entering the modle railroad hobby. Don't be afraid of us. Introduce yourself please. Real names are a help. Then we give you a nick-name after we get to know you. There is a lot of info here beside nonsense and fun. Ask questions Snookie as there are various experts here that can help you. Welcome aboard and please become active. A question not asked is never answered. B-)TheCodFadda (Pete)
Message 15 of 95
latest reply