cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritations #2

Woke up to snow this morning.....and laundry. B-)
Message 1 of 1,662
latest reply
1,661 REPLIES 1,661

Irritations #2

Just noticed that one of my fave sellers has increased his shipping charges. (used to be $5 for boxcars then recently was $6 now $6.50) truly sad. It is still good if I won a few cars from him as he'll combine shipping. Perhaps my collecting will (as it should anyways) slow down if I'm going to start getting dinged with hefty shipping for one or two cars. In past few months I have been putting in orders thru LHS. Still have 4 I/Mtn hoppers on order and I have been ordering some new releases from MTL. Started collecting the "scale test" cars and the ortner hoppers as they are unqiue. I'll collect the whole set and then perhaps someday try selling them as a set. (yea,its a gamble) everything else is meant to run. I would like to have the USA set but I am so far behind on that, that it isn't worth starting. i will get the Nevada car and maybe Az as I love the southwest area.
Message 2 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Sellers that will not ship outside USA. (seems like more and more these days)
Message 3 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Dave, In regards to shipping from the USA it seems if you read the USPS website it looks like they are starting to adopt our system of shipping parcels where they are including package dimensions/weight and destination. They are not using the small/medium and large size references anymore, so it appears shipping to us will go up. Looking at some of the shipping charges some folks are listing on the web gives one the thought they want to make their price on shipping and not the bidding price. Jack
Message 4 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

I think most sellers are including the charges for ebay and paypal in the S/H charges, now you guys are experiencing what I have been copping since I started using ebay. barry.....]:)
Message 5 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Did you guys hear about the new problem with Google? Type in your phone number in the search box and you can get a name, address and a map to your house. Too much info and the opt out process is difficult. This could be bad for kids who are targets of preditors. Kids easily give out their phone numbers. I'm going to check out my number later. Don't know if it affects areas outside the US. Gas went up 2.2 cents/L today. B-)
Message 6 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

I just tried it and the US phone numbers come right up but not the Canadian ones. I even tried Google.CA. Only the US numbers work.....so far. Is this really necessary? One of my friends has an unlisted number and it showed up too. Scary! There is no privacy left. Watch out for your toothpaste! More poisonous substances found in toothpaste with ingredients made in China. Really. Why are we buying all this dangerously cheap stuff from China? I think I'll go back to using just plain old baking soda for tooth paste. B-)
Message 7 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Pete, I also tried the Canadian numbers and they do not show but some people I know in Buffalo came up with all their info, Scary. Jack
Message 8 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Update on Bud is that he is going into the Heart Clinic today and getting prepped for a Triple Bypass tomorrow. His wife said he is in good spirits as of last night. I saw him yesterday when we took him by van to the dentist and back to the General hospital and he seemed to be in pretty fair shape considering whats up. Operation tomorrow, 3-4 days in recovery/Intensive ICU then 3-4 in another ICU and then supposedly home. Jack
Message 9 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

beastranger
Enthusiast
I just tried the Google thing and didn't come up with anything, my numbers unlisted too. Doug
Message 10 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Keep us posted on Bud, Jack. B-)
Message 11 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Thanks for the info on Bud Jack. I tried our number on google and it didn't come up. It is unlisted too. Cell phone numbers don't come up either. My doctors number came up though!
Message 12 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

Bathroom reno; a) A 3 piece tub enclosure will not fit as my B/R isn't wide enuf for a guy to get behind the tub to bolt the pieces together b) B/R isn't wide enuf to get the middle section in c) some places we looked at the enclosures were more that price at home depot and/or too tall for my B/R by inches. I have/had the chintzy plastic surround which cracked and is a piece of crap, so I refuse to put another one in. 1) my dad suggested getting sheets of Corian and use that for surround. It would be really nice as anyone that knows what Corian is...but one shop that deals with it said you'd be looking at 4 grand!!!! 😮 Apparen;t Corian is a LOT pricey here than back home. 2) So back to the route that I didn't want to go but will look nice and that is tile. dave
Message 13 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

lots of money spent in past 2 days for bathroom. I am l;icky that I have my dad here helping me do this as he has the knowledge for this kind of work. I am saving a ton of cash by having him here for labour and wisdom.
Message 14 of 1,662
latest reply

Irritations #2

At the FORD dealer this morning........ B-)
Message 15 of 1,662
latest reply