cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas prices in your area

The Gas prices per liter today in Ottawa are $1.146 to $1.152 in the area that I live in. This amounts to $5.202 to $5.230 a imperial gallon. For those of us that are now on fixed incomes (retired) we will start to really feel the pinch if it goes much higher. If you listen to the market wizards, they are predicting that the cost of a barrel of oil will go to about $100.00 USD in the next few months or at least by the end of this year. This should probably bring the price per liter up to about $1.50 to $1.60 or more per liter in this country. The biggest problem as I see it is that most of the younger people have good paying jobs today and a few more cents does not seem to faze them. I say this as I watch my own family and how they operate and also I do not see any reduction in traffic on the roads and the big SUV's are still being sold so it gives me the impression that most people at this time are saying "WHO CARES" it's only money. At todays rate of exchange an American gallon would cost me $4.59 using Cdn dollars. I guess my next question is; What are you folks paying in your different area's ?????? Jack
Message 1 of 358
latest reply
357 REPLIES 357

Gas prices in your area

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Jack, In NJ, we are paying between 2.91 and 3.05 per gallon. It differs daily, but this range has been about average. Dot
Message 2 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Dot, Wow $3.05 a gallon would be $3.49 Cdn. Your gas hasn't gone up very much more than when I went to Americade Bike week where we were paying 2.83 USD. I wish we could get that price here. Jack
Message 3 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Jack, It is still tough when you consider the traffic and commuting we must do here. Heck, since all this started we have gone from a 2 car family down to a one car family for the time being. (and I work part-time from home for now) We were hoping to buy a small truck soon, but may consider a smaller car to conserve on gas. I HATE SMALL CARS!!!! But, these are the times that we live in and we must make certain sacrifices. (with my arthritic knees getting into a car can sometimes be very difficult too!) We will have to keep the Blazer though, until it dies, then who knows what we will have to replace it with! At least its a 6 cylinder and not an 8! Dot
Message 4 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Gas rose yesterday to $1.16Cdn/liter or $4.40/GalCdn or $5.51US/Gal. Thanks to my little 4 cylinder Focus wagon that gets good mileage, we only have to fill up once a week at a cost of $40Cdn for 3/4 tank. It galls me to think that I am putting $5.51 gas into the lawn mower though.....last summer it was up to $75 for a fill up, so this is not so bad really. I'd hate to be feeding the old vette right now. WOW!!!!! SmileyCentral.com
Message 5 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

OOOPPPPPS!! I did the math backwards. $4.40Cdn sould be $3.93 US. Sorry 'bout that. SmileyCentral.com
Message 6 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

flaretired
Enthusiast
Gas prices here in Daytona Beach has reached $3.059 a gallon of unleaded. Less than a week ago it was $2.969. Now I am SmileyCentral.com to the store. Chuck SmileyCentral.com
Message 7 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Cool Chuck, but where is your helmet on those roller blades? B-) :x
Message 8 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

flaretired
Enthusiast
Florida has the no helmet law. Travel at your own risk. Chuck 🙂
Message 9 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Hi guys and girls, It is 101 degrees here today in South Central PA, and gas is at $2.99, up from $2.69 2 weeks ago. Coal is KING! Full steam ahead! Take a ride on the Reading! 🙂 (save gas) Chappy
Message 10 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

crazyd37
Enthusiast
We finally got a break in the weather late this afternoon. It stormed on and off for about 3 hours and it actually cooled off a bit. It is in the 80's!!!! What a much needed relief, if only for today! I may have a wedding in your area soon Chappy! I think it will be in Sunbury. Dot
Message 11 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

nascarpetlover
Enthusiast
Gas yesterday $2.879 a gallon. Today $3.099 a gallon. Tomorrow I go in for surgery to both removed to pay for the going price for gas. Lou
Message 12 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

beastranger
Enthusiast
$2.91 -$2.95 in my town in Vermont, goes down .03 on sale days. Boat gas at the lake was $3.69 but may be higher now. I've still got half of my first tank full left but am going to top it off this weekend, will take about 70 gallons. Doug
Message 13 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

$2.95 for the valve pinging stuff here, the IROC isn't getting much use this year. CJ]:)
Message 14 of 358
latest reply

Gas prices in your area

Lou, What are you having removed? It wasn't quite clear in your posting. B-)
Message 15 of 358
latest reply