cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy - Sell Help on eBay

Hello you-all, This is not my problem, but I thought I would post this here just in case one of you want to give good advice to the guy: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7922.0.html He says paid $30 with a MO that seller says has not received. I know you guys know ten time more than me about eBay stuff so I figured I would post this here if you want to check into the Bachmann site and help this guy. For my self, I don't know anything but some PayPal stuff... (that is about eBay payments, I do know a few other things... 😛 ) Thanks, Charles PS, I figured this might be useful for a generic topic for people to add their questions to or whatever...
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buy - Sell Help on eBay

all anyone needs do when paying with a MO is go to where it was issued and see if it has been cashed if it has then the seller is a shonk if not then cash it and contact the seller and see if some other arangements can be made, this is one of the reasons ebay are trying to use paypal only and the fact they get a cut of every transaction. ]:)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks Barry, makes perfect sense, you can see I have never used a money order, Charles
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

" I learned that it will costs $10 to trace the MO, but they can only tell you if it has been cashed. They do not do stop payments or do refunds." The above quote from the Bachmann post suprises me. I always thought you could get a refund if the M.O. was not cashed and you would think that with the age of computers, the "trace" would be instant. Just punch in the M.O. serial number and see if it was cashed. I hate money orders. You are at the mercy of the mail and the seller to be honest enough to say he received it, and the time involved is archaic. Frankly, unless the seller has something I can't live without, I do not deal with "money order only" ebayers. B-)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Despite cuts from your sales,etc, I think paypal was the greatest thing invented. I think I buy a heck of a lot more now then when it was MO only (mind you I was just getting into trains). However I save on purchases now. Nothing worse than winning a boxcar for 3 bucks and then shipping and 4 bucks for the M.O. We all know the advantages. I will not sell or buy via M.O at all. I'll keep looking until someone has the same item via paypal.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply