cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sponsered items ruining sorting

Why have a sorted search list if its filled with sponsered items with disregard to the placement on the list they should be in. I will say goodbye to ebay if not corrected soon.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: sponsered items ruining sorting

@661goodyear0 wrote:

Why have a sorted search list if its filled with sponsered items with disregard to the placement on the list they should be in. I will say goodbye to ebay if not corrected soon.

Thanks for reaching out and posting this here. We are looking into this.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I agree.  I often sort things by "Sold" and "Completed" when I'm researching (in order to list a similar one of my own) and now suddenly there are these stupid Sponsored things that are NOT sold which are showing up in the "Sold" sort.  Very annoying and quite distracting.  I wish they would fix this issue.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@johack1 wrote:

I agree.  I often sort things by "Sold" and "Completed" when I'm researching (in order to list a similar one of my own) and now suddenly there are these stupid Sponsored things that are NOT sold which are showing up in the "Sold" sort.  Very annoying and quite distracting.  I wish they would fix this issue.

Thanks for reporting this. We have filed this with our search team.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sponsored items are flooding the Saved Searches too.

I get 1 saved search result and 2 "sponsored" results at the beginning and 2 more "sponsored" results at the end followed by all the advertisement links.

Sponsored item

Sponsored item

My single saved search result

Sponsored item

Sponsored item

Link advertisements

Saved Searches currently are 90% sponsored advertisements. This is unacceptable. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Absolutely agreed 100%.  Seems like they are in violation of their own "Search and browse manipulation policy".

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

All the above! With everyone now throwing money at promoting their listings, it's a royal mess using search.

I decided to stop buying at present, searching for an item is now frustrating, time consuming and I feel like I am being SPAMMED non stop.

When the "$%#! it eBay" starts to come from my mouth as I try to navigate through this new search mess, I close my computer on eBay and go to another site or, I just lose interest in buying.

It's hard WORK now to search, I have enough work as it is.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is precisely why until I figure out a filter in uBlock, I'm giving up on this worthless search.  Already had 2 items I was wanting to get but after seeing several listings in a row and most of the results on the first page being random you-know-what, it's just not happening!  eBay - fix this nonsense - don't become a Yahoo(no exclamation, yawn)!

"Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page."  Also, who even censors bull?  Replacement makes it look far worse than original.  XD  Again, this is inane.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply