cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Offers Issues

I'm not sure why eBay won't fix this, but eBay offers are half of our sales, so I assume other sellers are having lots of sales as well with offers.  This is a BIG issue that gets ZERO attention. eBay offers gets worse for the seller with every update.

Sellers need to know the start time when responding to offers.  This used to be available on the website at least, now it's been taken away.  I make most of my decision on offers based on the time it's been listed.  If I have an item listed at $100 and someone makes an offer of $50, I will accept if it's been listed 2 years.  I will deny that offer if it's been listed 2 days.  Why can't you make this info easily available so I don't have to search for it on EVERY STINKING OFFER!!!

Once you fix that, why don't you make a Promotion aka Sale Event + Markdown option where our items automatically reduce in price based on age?  We all want our stale inventory to sell, PLEASE make it easier for us! 

An example:
30 days old = 5% off

90 days old = 10% off
180 days = 15% off

365 days = 50% off

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay Offers Issues

@bensoddsends wrote:

I'm not sure why eBay won't fix this, but eBay offers are half of our sales, so I assume other sellers are having lots of sales as well with offers.  This is a BIG issue that gets ZERO attention. eBay offers gets worse for the seller with every update.

Sellers need to know the start time when responding to offers.  This used to be available on the website at least, now it's been taken away.  I make most of my decision on offers based on the time it's been listed.  If I have an item listed at $100 and someone makes an offer of $50, I will accept if it's been listed 2 years.  I will deny that offer if it's been listed 2 days.  Why can't you make this info easily available so I don't have to search for it on EVERY STINKING OFFER!!!

Once you fix that, why don't you make a Promotion aka Sale Event + Markdown option where our items automatically reduce in price based on age?  We all want our stale inventory to sell, PLEASE make it easier for us! 

An example:
30 days old = 5% off

90 days old = 10% off
180 days = 15% off

365 days = 50% off

I've bubbled both of these suggestions/requests up @bensoddsends. Thank you!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!  What does that mean, haha.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bensoddsends wrote:

Thank you!  What does that mean, haha.

It means I've passed your request and suggestion on to the powers that be @bensoddsends. If they want to implement them, or in the case of the the listing start time, add it back in to the offer flow, then they'll do so. 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately I've heard this same thing about 5 times, and it just goes nowhere.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply