cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Code and Shipping Dont Auto Fill When Listing

I have been using the app to post listings.  It was working great for a couple weeks until tonight.  When I make a new listing it asks for me to fill out the shipping, everything's blank.  I can't actually even fill it out until I go to the section below it and fill in my zip code.

So each listing I have to fill out my zip code, then go to shipping and then I can fill out shipping.  Shipping is not just auto selecting 8oz and random package dimensions, such as 10x7x2 or something.

I'm not 100% sure if it's not auto filling in anything else.

This all started happening after I changed my notifications settings last night, started 2 factor authentication, went on to the seller hub on my pc and made my first and only listing through the hub.  It was a variations listing.  I then edited the variations listing by adding a picture through the phone app.  That's everything I have done that may or may not have anything to do with this.

I have gone into the settings in my phone and checked my ship from address.  It is there and correct.  I event entered it again, but it didn't affect the listing zip code being empty.

If there's anything else I can try I'd appreciate some help. Using the app and having this extra steps are annoying.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The same thing is happening to me. eBay has been around for how long now? And they can’t figure their sh*t out. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

check your sales do your sales slow down when the app dose not auto fill zip code ? we have over 1100 items listed if sales are doing very well we have noticed ebay "limits" accounts for no reason and they do this threw the zip code one day it will auto fill zip code on app no problem sales soar then the for no reason its not auto filling zip code on the app and our sales tank to bleow 100 or to zero day sales then 2 days later its auto filling and boom sales skyrocket again this has been confirmed by a ebay representative that they control sellers sales this way when it dose not auto fill the zip code buyers can not view the listings or the shipping is so outrageous they do not purchase the items due to it defaulting to a high shipping cost we contacted ebay about this requested to speak to a supervisor they confirmed they "found something weird " on our account contacted I.T. and they said our account was reset and before the phone call ended we had 4 sales and sales skyrocket after the call also we have been told they see "something weird" on our account 3 times since last oct when we finally figured this out every time this happens sales always skyrockets after we notify them of this zipcode issue 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Sorry I didn't keep up with this.  It is doing the same thing tonight, not auto filling my shipping and zip code on the app.

Last when I originally posted this I realized what was going on and fixed it.  I forget what I did and now I'm stumped.

It was happening because of something to do with location permissions on my phone I believe.  Last time my phone was either in energy saving mode, or I had messed with the permissions and then ebay wasn't able to check where I was to auto fill everything.

Tonight however the permissions seem on, and unless I pocket changed stuff, I didn't mess with permissions in the app or my phone.  Hope the above helps others figure it out.  Hopefully I will soon because filling the shipping in each time is annoying.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ive been working so much at my FT job that my store has taken a back seat, so i dont think sales is affecting it at all because its doing it to me as well. Probably some stupid glitch or something but they def need to figure it out because its very tedious! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hey all! I've been dealing with this same issue for weeks now and it comes and goes. I think it's being caused by using multiple devices for listings. I HAVE NOT been able to fix it during the same day/night as it starting. Just seems to be back to normal the next day. Very frustrating. I'll check back here as we all try to figure out how to prevent it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just started happening to me tonight. So frustrating. 🫠 This is a first for me.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've had this problem off and on for years. No exaggeration. I've messed around with it and could never figure it out.

I'll suddenly have to fill out 'zip code', package weight and dimensions, I'll have to select "immediate pay", turn off auction, turn off "best offer".....every. single. time. It'll magically fix itself for a few listings and use my default settings, then switch back. It makes listing stuff a pain in the butt and it really takes a lot of extra time when you're listing dozens of items.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply