cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request.ebay.429

Since I updated the ebay app on my iPad, two days ago, I received the message that I had exceeded the daily limit so access to this individual function will be denied for the rest of the day (Request.ebay.429). I tried to delete the app and re-download it, but now it won't even let me sign in to my account. Obviously it's an app issue, since ebay on my phone works fine, which I haven't updated. Any suggestions how I can fix this? Thanks.

Message 3 of 114
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Request.ebay.429

@johnbrodie2001 @timbula1 @squidgethomas @pantiles51 @mightyfletch

You should no longer be receiving this error. Please let us know if things are working or not.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 109 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Everytime I open my eBay app on my phone I get an error message and if I click ok it will constantly pop up so I deleted the app and reinstalled and now I can’t use the app at all. I even get the error message even if I’m not logged in. Please fix this problem.

Message 1 of 114
latest reply

@rjcroy1983

Can you switch to wifi and then sign in? This should work.

Message 2 of 114
latest reply

@timbula1

Thanks for the report. Can you please let us know your wireless or cellular carrier so we can look into this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 114
latest reply

My iPad is wifi only, so it's using my home internet. My phone is also connected to this wifi network, but the app on it is not having any issues. As I said, I updated the iPad app, but not the phone version.

My home internet here in Australia is with TPG.

Message 5 of 114
latest reply

Hi,

I have had the same issue from yesterday. Phone app is working fine as is web accessed eBay. Only on my iPad do I have the issue. My internet provider is Bigpond.

Message 6 of 114
latest reply

Is eBay looking at this problem?

I haven't seen any response since the issue was first posted 3 days ago.

Message 7 of 114
latest reply

Update. Last night I connected my iPad to the wifi at work and it still got the same error, so it's not the connection. Also, I just tried deleting and re-downloading the app again. Now it says "eBay servers are currently undergoing routine maintenance. Please try back later" before the original error message I was getting. Waiting for advice on what to do.

Message 8 of 114
latest reply

@timbula1 @amobrien

Yes, we are looking into this problem.  If you are unable to sign in with the app can you try signing into the website on your iPad? We think this is provider related do you happen to know what the provider is at your work?

Message 9 of 114
latest reply

Hi,

Just confirmed that I can get onto eBay through a browser on my iPad. My internet provider is Telstra Bigpond.

Yesterday I spoke to the eBay Buyers support group without success. They didn't seem to know anything about the issue/ error, although it's been raised on the Community Help site a few times and on an eBay developer website I found.

Their response was that  they would report it to the tech support group, leave it for another 24 hours, and if not fixed call back.

Unfortunately you can't talk directly to the tech support group. 

Message 10 of 114
latest reply

I have tried logging in through the website, both home and at work and both work fine. Using the same app (only not updated) on both home and work networks, works fine. It's only the updated version of the app that has the problem.

I'm not sure what the provider at my work is.

Message 11 of 114
latest reply

I think youre right. It is the app version. I've most likely updated mine is the last week with all the other app updates you seem to contantly get these days.

When the problem first occured, I logged out of the app then attempted without success to log back in. I then deleted the app and downloaded it again from the App Store, but the same thing happened.

The login screen just doen't respond. It does give you the option to request a "temporary password" which is sent in a text to your mobile phone. But when you enter it you just get a rotating circle (processing) and it never comes back.

I them receive an automated email fro eBay stating that I can't be authenticated because some of my details are up-to-date (or words to that effect). I checked and all details are correct and haven't been changed for at least 12 months.

I don't understand is why hundreds, if not thousands of users haven't complained.

Message 12 of 114
latest reply

After many days of not being able to use the iPad app, it appears that it has reset whatever limit was exceeded.

eBay Customer Support was totally useless in addressing the problem, and I filled in thier feedback form accordingly.

I don't expect I'll receive any reponse.

Message 13 of 114
latest reply

I’m getting the same message. The app won’t even open anymore. It won’t work on my iPad or iPhone. Makes it tough to sell my products 

Message 14 of 114
latest reply

@kathynmich07

If the app will not open at all, please delete and reinstall the app. If you are unable to sign in and get a rate limit error please let us know your wireless or cellular carrier.

Message 15 of 114
latest reply