cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Uploading Photos on IOS

I have the current version of the eBay app, and it's started giving me problems when I upload photos. I will upload them all, rotate them all (can we fix this too, ebay?!), and then when I go to list the item, it says something in the listing is missing (when nothing is). If I save the listing and go to the computer to list it, I get a message that all my photos are too small (which they aren't, they're the same as they've always been. The ONLY way I can get around this is to delete all the photos on the computer, then go back to my phone and upload them all again. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.  Is anybody else experiencing this?! I never had this problem with the old listing format on the app.

P.S. I would be happy to transfer all my photos to my computer and upload them that way, but that doesn't work either. Then eBay tells me, again, that they're all too small.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems Uploading Photos on IOS

FIX! I think shutting my phone off and turning it back on sorted things out! The ol' IT Crowd maxim...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@saltandsoul

Thanks for the report. Are these photos you have taken with your device? Are you using icloud for backup? Which do you take the photos which causes them to need to be rotated again?

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@saltandsoul

Thanks for the report. Are these photos you have taken with your device? Are you using icloud for backup? Which do you take the photos which causes them to need to be rotated again?

Thanks

They are photos I've taken with my iPhone 7 Plus. They are usually backed up on iCloud, but are not being backed up at the moment. The 7Plus photos are the ones that almost always need rotating. I upload directly from my phone, but even when I was loading them to the computer first, I had the same rotating problem. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@saltandsoul

When you take the photos of your listings are you taking them with your phone in portrait, landscape, square? Could you take a screen shot of your phone screen while you are taking a product photo and upload it here or email us iosfeedback@ebay.com.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I called and spoke with someone about a similar issue I'm having uploading photos taken in the Camera app on Apple iOS. She looked at the issue in a test draft I did. I have an iPhone XS Max, and in the past have listed using an iPhone 6 Plus, and have never had issues until the last few days. I always use the iPhone app.

When I upload photos, only about half of them actually upload, while the other half just show blank spaces, and then if I go back into the photo uploader, the thumbnails are still all there like before, but if I click to enlarge one that was just blank on the preview on the main listing page, it just enlarges to a blank white box. I then have to delete all ones that turned out blank, and then reupload just those (photo #3,#4,#7 & #11, for instance) and maybe HALF of those will take, (so then I'm saying out loud "#3, #11!") and then one of those will work out and I'll have to do #11 one more time.... huge hassle! I take pictures in both landscape and portrait.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

FIX! I think shutting my phone off and turning it back on sorted things out! The ol' IT Crowd maxim...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply