cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Enter A Valid Postcode error

hello, every time I search I get prompted with an Alert saying Please Enter a Valid Postcode.

I've being using the app for years and this has only just started in the last week.  There was similar posts about this from 2018 but no solutions confirmed to work.

I've checked and rechecked that my postcode is correct,  my location is correct and my delivery address is correct.  The app has permissions for my location, so not sure there is more I can do!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that has resolved the promblem.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

UPDATE. I deleted and reinstalled the app and that has resolved the promblem.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@wak1o1 wrote:

hello, every time I search I get prompted with an Alert saying Please Enter a Valid Postcode.

I've being using the app for years and this has only just started in the last week.  There was similar posts about this from 2018 but no solutions confirmed to work.

I've checked and rechecked that my postcode is correct,  my location is correct and my delivery address is correct.  The app has permissions for my location, so not sure there is more I can do!

Only way to fix this is too uninstall and reinstall, I tried everything including unticking auto select in country settings, removing my address details, logging out then back in and even changing my address to my old house.

Only sure fix is a uninstall and reinstall then logging back into your account. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Uninstall and a reinstall solved it for me

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This has started happening to me...I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still get the popup message...anyone got any other ideas?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I've been getting this for days now, really annoying ! Any other way to get rid of it other than uninstalling ? 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

In your account settings where the postcode is listed only have the postcode with a space as we in GB write it. Remove any commas after the postcode and do the same for any other address you have listed. Worked for me. I tried doing uninstall/install and it didnt work until I removed all the commas from the postcode line.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Hello, had the issue for a long time, reinstalled, contacted Ebay, none of it helped. But luckily, I found the solution myself: 

Change your "Postage to" address to be the SAME as the address you want to limit the item location. Warning: "Postage to" address is NOT  in your addresses, it is on the same page you are searching (for something), on the upper right side. (Ctrl + F: Postage to)

svilenss_0-1674939347425.png

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am having the same issue! Where did you locate this area to change it? Also did you have to match a certain postal code?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Original message is from 09/06/20.  You probably need to start your own current thread.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

When you say uninstall and reinstall, what app are you doing this with? 🙂 I am going crazy with this error, and no onw knows , thank you!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply