cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FEATURE REQUEST] Dedicated 'Still Interested?' Android app notification category

I've recently been receiving a few annoying notifications from the Android eBay app asking if I'm still interested in certain items I've viewed.

Your support team inform me there's no way to disable this specific class of notification without also switching off other eBay app notifications (which I believe is only partially true). They also suggested I email androidhelp@ebay.com but that just responded with an automated reply suggesting I post a feature request here.

I see the Android app defines the following notification categories :-
  • System Default Channel
  • System silent channel
  • General notifications
  • Order updates
  • Recommendations and rewards
  • Saved searches notifications
  • Selling notifications
  • Shopping updates
  • Silent notifications
The 'Still interested' notification appears to be categorised under 'General notifications'.

Please consider creating a new category specifically for this type of notification, or at the very least adjust it to use the 'Recommendations and rewards' category, which seems more appropriate than 'general' and is unlikely to carry any important messages.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

[FEATURE REQUEST] Dedicated 'Still Interested?' Android app notification category

@dangerous-avionics wrote:
I've recently been receiving a few annoying notifications from the Android eBay app asking if I'm still interested in certain items I've viewed.

Your support team inform me there's no way to disable this specific class of notification without also switching off other eBay app notifications (which I believe is only partially true). They also suggested I email androidhelp@ebay.com but that just responded with an automated reply suggesting I post a feature request here.

I see the Android app defines the following notification categories :-
  • System Default Channel
  • System silent channel
  • General notifications
  • Order updates
  • Recommendations and rewards
  • Saved searches notifications
  • Selling notifications
  • Shopping updates
  • Silent notifications
The 'Still interested' notification appears to be categorised under 'General notifications'.

Please consider creating a new category specifically for this type of notification, or at the very least adjust it to use the 'Recommendations and rewards' category, which seems more appropriate than 'general' and is unlikely to carry any important messages.

Thanks!

Hi @dangerous-avionics! I've passed your suggestion on. Thanks for the feedback!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I don't understand why you're sending me the email "Is this still of interest?" when the said seller cannot send the goods to my country.
You bury my email with useless messages.
The latest example is the email "4-sides 9012 LED Headlight Bulbs kits Hi Low Beam 6000K Super Bright High power". When I open the offer it says: "May not ship to Croatia, Republic of" !!!
Strange

Message 3 of 3
latest reply