cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error type: 243012 - Barcode Scan

This error has been affecting the apps ability to scan barcodes since at least the 8th of November and is the 3rd time it's happened this year.  The error message is: The query must have at least a keyword, category ID, EPID (ebay product ID), ISBN, event ID or UPC.  The last time it was working properly for me was on the 6th.  This is with versions 5.27.0.16 and 5.27.1.2.

I've spoken to customer service on the 9th, 16th, and 19th and have been awaiting a supervisors return call since the 20th. 

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing data, clearing cache, restarting the phone, over wi-fi, over phone carrier, and on 2 other android phones.  Both of which never had the ebay app before.  Please fix this issue ASAP.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@sergj23 wrote:

This error has been affecting the apps ability to scan barcodes since at least the 8th of November and is the 3rd time it's happened this year.  The error message is: The query must have at least a keyword, category ID, EPID (ebay product ID), ISBN, event ID or UPC.  The last time it was working properly for me was on the 6th.  This is with versions 5.27.0.16 and 5.27.1.2.

I've spoken to customer service on the 9th, 16th, and 19th and have been awaiting a supervisors return call since the 20th. 

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing data, clearing cache, restarting the phone, over wi-fi, over phone carrier, and on 2 other android phones.  Both of which never had the ebay app before.  Please fix this issue ASAP.  Thank you.

Thanks for the post. Are you attempting to list with a barcode or search for an item? Could you please post a photo of the barcode and we will look into this. Can you also let us know if you are using this account or another when you are getting the failures.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@sergj23 wrote:

Thanks for the post. Are you attempting to list with a barcode or search for an item? Could you please post a photo of the barcode and we will look into this. Can you also let us know if you are using this account or another when you are getting the failures.

Thanks

I am attempting to search for an item to see completed and sold items.  It's happening with all barcodes and not a specific one.  I've scanned various books, video games, and DVDs/Blu-rays.  Even tried with a microSD package and a bottle of screen cleaner and ended up with the same error message.

I select the barcode scan option, the camera loads up fine, place the barcode within the green rectangle, the "loading results" icon spins for about half a second before giving the error message.  I am using the app as I always have for the past year or so and that is as a "guest" account, meaning not logged in.  Testing was done on a Nokia 6 with Nougat and a Galaxy S9 on Oreo.  Prior times that this issue has been fixed for me was without any changes on my end.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply