cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

this has been posted a thousand tiSomes but I may as well make it 1,001 because nothing is being done about it. Same thing happens to me too. Open eBay, switch to another app or even just minimize it, and it's not in the recent app drawer to switch back to it. I know it's still running because if I go all the way back and open it again from the icon shortcut, it is right where I left it and does not restart. The eBay app is the only one that does this and it's now happened across two phones for me. I've tried clearing the cache, restarting, and even uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and still have this issue immediately. So if anyone has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful because while this is a miniscule problem in the grand scheme of things, it's really aggravating to me .

Message 106 of 136
latest reply

Same here. Stock Android on lg v30. The app is not working in multitasking and I just got some security updates. Please help!!

Message 107 of 136
latest reply

Same here with stock LG V20 and Nova Launcher. Any news from eBay mobile_app_help?
Message 108 of 136
latest reply

Hi all, I've found a simple fix for keeping the eBay app in recent apps. The way to do this is by clicking on the lock sign on the eBay window after pressing the square button at bottom that brings up recent apps. 

Message 109 of 136
latest reply

Great Idea! However when I go into my lock mode, the eBay app lock icon is grayed out

Message 110 of 136
latest reply

Happening to me too. Stock note 9. Fix it fix it fix it.

Message 111 of 136
latest reply

Yes. Same here. Has been for months. LG g5 android 8.0
Message 112 of 136
latest reply

Same here. Using oneplus 6 and Nova Launcher.

No other app is behaving that way. Only ebay. There's something wrong with that app. 

Message 113 of 136
latest reply

Same issue using Oneplus 5t on Android 9.0.3

Uninstall, restart and reinstall sorts the app for a while, then it starts happening again. No other apps have this issue.

Message 114 of 136
latest reply

Its been one year and im still waiting
Message 115 of 136
latest reply

Same problem here. Device Redmi Note 6 Pro with android 8.1

Ebay app not appear in recent apps 

Message 116 of 136
latest reply

Also have had this issue for as long as I can remember. LG V10 with Android 6.0

How is this issue even possible? All apps are supposed to show up in multitasking. Why haven't you fixed it eBay?

Message 117 of 136
latest reply

Hi this I still happening, running app on oneplus 5 with stock ROM and android 9, January 2019 security patch. Tried suggested steps and also clearing cache in the app and in the phone.

This has never happened on my previous phone oneplus 2 running Android 6.0.1

Message 118 of 136
latest reply

I tried moving the app to internal storage but it was already there. So I moved it to external storage and the problem went away.

Then I moved it back to internal storage. Still working.

BTW, I previously tried clear cache and reboot. That was no help.

I'm running an LG Stylo 3 plus, Nougat. But this problem had been

Message 119 of 136
latest reply

I tried moving the app to internal storage but it was already there. So I moved it to external storage and the problem went away.

Then I moved it back to internal storage. Still working.

BTW, I previously tried clear cache and reboot. That was no help.

I'm running an LG Stylo 3 plus, Nougat. 

Message 120 of 136
latest reply