cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

Yes I think we've all tried exactly what Google Play tells us to do when have an issue. Most of the people who bother posting here aren't the type who technical support needs to ask, "is it plugged in?"

Message 76 of 136
latest reply

I have the same problem and have so for about a year. Had it on my former HTC M8. Now that problem is on my new one plus 6.

Please provide a solution

Message 77 of 136
latest reply

Mine also does this constantly, and rebooting makes no difference. Running up to date Android on Pixel 2XL. Nova launcher. No other apps do this so I don't see a need to adjust anything to suit the eBay app..
Message 78 of 136
latest reply

Are you able to repack(or recompile or whatever it's called) the .apk and install? If yes, does the problem go away?

Message 79 of 136
latest reply

@mollypop4ever wrote:

@ms082 wrote:

I reinstalled which fixed it for a day, but the problem has returned. Very frustrating when doing research on items! 

Running stock Marshmallow 

I realize this thread is old but I recently had the same issue and fixed it. I'm using a Motorola Droid Turbo xt1254 with Android 6.0.1 (bought it on eBay). The problem started suddenly. Simply reinstalling the app will not fix the issue. You need to do as the other user suggested and clear the app data (don't uninstall), then restart the phone. *If you do not see the data and cache options in the app list try settings>storage>internal storage>apps>eBay. When I click "clear data", it clears my cache too. I think reinstalling doesn't work because your Google account backs up and restores data and settings for apps. This is generally a good thing, until you run into a weird glitch in an app and have to find and delete your data manually. Clearing data may work for other glitches too. So far, clearing my app data has worked. I love eBay and I love Android. I need you two to play nice, ok? Lol.

This worked for me. Clearing data and restarting phone. For how long is TBD. I'm using standard launcher on my s8 AOS 8.0.0

Message 80 of 136
latest reply

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. I think I've figured it what causes it. When you tap a link that is redirected to the eBay app, the app doesn't show in the recent apps list (presumably by design). Any use of the eBay app from that point forward, however (including reopening it from the launcher), does not appear in recent apps. If you completely close it and reopen it, then it works again. The developers need to address this.

Message 81 of 136
latest reply

This really needs fixing. I'm still having this issue on the latest version of the app on my Google Pixel 2XL and it's infuriating when trying to switch between another app and I have to keep going back to the launcher to open it again. Especially when trying to compare prices or to check payment in PayPal etc.

Message 82 of 136
latest reply

Had this issue both One Plus 1 and on my current the One Plus 5. Don't think I ever remember seeing the eBay app in the recent apps.

It's a constant annoyance and should have been fixed by now.

Message 83 of 136
latest reply

Yes, I've noticed the app picks up from where it was when it went AWOL, too. 

I've also uninstalled & reinstalled, but the issue still returns when least expected, which is irritating. And like everyone else has said, this issue only occurs w/ the eBay app...

i.

@ucheo123 wrote:

What's interesting about my issue, although the eBay app doesn't show in recent apps multitasking, the eBay app opens wherever I left it off. So, the app state is being held in memory rather than resetting immediately.

Perhaps that info can help Devs troubleshooting.

Message 84 of 136
latest reply

Exact same problem, been like this for 18 months and fed up now as I've just upgraded my phone and the problem is still there!! I'd thought it was originally my old phones software causing it, now I am certain it is a key problem with the eBay app itself. 

Previously had a Lenovo P2 on stock android nougat.  Now on an galaxy s8 on oreo. Glitch remains. 

Just as described it will only show in recent apps when launching the app directly. However open the app through an emailed reminder from eBay and the app will not show in the phones recents menu.  

This is probably a hugely under reported bug as it's more an annoying inconvenience than anything, affecting the phones functionality and not the app itself.  

Get it sorted eBay

Message 85 of 136
latest reply

@gazzar2 wrote:
"Just as described it will only show in recent apps when launching the app directly. However open the app through an emailed reminder from eBay and the app will not show in the phones recents menu."

Interestingly, when i click on a link in eBay mails, the eBay app *doesn't* open; it just opens a child window in my email app.

Currently The app *does* appear in the running apps stack; waiting for it to stop any day now...:o/
Message 86 of 136
latest reply

I'm having this problem too.  I think it happens when I go to the ebay app via any of it's notifications.  If I press on a notification, it will then disappear from my recent apps forevermore.  It's very irritating and inconvenient.  I have to 'force close' the app to get it to act normally again and appear in recent apps. 

You'd think this would be any easy fix for them.  I think they're just ignoring the issue now.  New updates don't fix.  It's very inconvenient as a customer.   

Message 87 of 136
latest reply

Also having this problem!
Message 88 of 136
latest reply

eBay not multitasking happened while I was trying to help someone by copying and pasting text from another app.

I checked permissions by hold-pressing on the app from my launcher's app drawer (in case the home screen shortcut was acting like a link or other error) and then selecting the App Info (i) . In any case, adding location, camera, and storage permissions let me multitask it again and again. This may not help you at all, and I tried playing with permissions off again.  It still worked with location off.

Message 89 of 136
latest reply

Still happening now 18 sept 2018!
On multiple devices OnePlus 2 &3 Asus tablet, Lenovo a806....

Diabolical CS @ebay!
Message 90 of 136
latest reply