cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

IT is to do with where you open it from.  A notification results in this senario, open it from the menu and it is ok.

I have had this for over 1 year and everytime I update the app I update my rating with the same thing.  

Message 61 of 136
latest reply

Happening to me on both my previous phone Huawei P8 running Android 6.0.1 and my new Huawei P10 running Android 7.

Pain in the backside when trying to jump between open apps.

Message 62 of 136
latest reply

I'm having the same problem as well. There have been two app updates and like other people have said it'll work fine for a little bit then it won't. It's becoming rather annoying very quickly.

Message 63 of 136
latest reply

Hey, this started happening to me as well and I noticed that it only happened when the app was placed in a folder.

Once I took it out to the home screen, works just fine.

Might be a coincidence but give it a try.

Message 64 of 136
latest reply

i opened the ebay apk, and the AndroidManifest.xml file in it.

i'll go out on a limb and say that since all its activities have this:

android:excludeFromRecents="true"

it's why we don't see them in the recents.

as stated:

android:excludeFromRecents
Whether or not the task initiated by this activity should be excluded from the list of recently 
used applications, the overview screen. That is, when this activity is the root activity of a
new task, this attribute determines whether the task should not appear in the list of recent apps.
Set "true" if the task should be excluded from the list; set "false" if it should be included.
The default value is "false".
Message 65 of 136
latest reply

Hey guys,

I too have been having this problem for a while an not said anything until now, but this bug is
a) really annoying,

b) seems to affect/annoy quite a lot of people (apparent in this message feed alone; it is very likely that it affects many others too, who have not spoken up) ,

c) has been going on without a fix for far too long,

d) a week ago user @itaybia posted a likely reason/solution for the problem (Message 65) and you have neither responded to him, nor has there been an update to the app with a fix.

Please let us know what is going on!

Message 66 of 136
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
.man the nbn. Bb
. Bnb bnb. Mm n. .m v. Mlm
. ,, by NJ CV. M
Message 67 of 136
latest reply

This is happening to me as well. It's very annoying. Please fix it. 

Message 68 of 136
latest reply

Same on Asus ZenFone 2 with official launcher.

Message 69 of 136
latest reply

I have the same problem. Samsung note 8

Message 70 of 136
latest reply

Just started happening to me. (LG V30+ with Android Oreo, stock launcher)

Hopefully the developers will be able to fix this now that itaybia figured out the root of the problem!

Message 71 of 136
latest reply

Sometime we need high internet speed or check if there are iframe inject in our browser . Thank you, Fita from Indonesia

Message 72 of 136
latest reply

I've had this issue since mid 2016 when I was using a Nexus 6 device. I'm now using stock LGV20 which is rooted and the problem is still there . I can comfirm that opening the ebay app from the launcher keeps it in the 'recently used' screen but opening the app via links doesn't . Tired modifying the APK per the discovery above but when I open the mentioned file, there is nothing in it at all. This issue proves one thing, the eBay community is 50 times more capable at providing a diagnosis than a multi million dollar company. Shame on you ebay for allowing this issue to persist for so long. You keep increasing fees but where is the **bleep** money going? To buying the CEO their 3rd yacht? Stop hiring junior high school kids on a part time basis to upkeep your app. 

Message 73 of 136
latest reply

@ms082 wrote:

I reinstalled which fixed it for a day, but the problem has returned. Very frustrating when doing research on items! 

Running stock Marshmallow 

I realize this thread is old but I recently had the same issue and fixed it. I'm using a Motorola Droid Turbo xt1254 with Android 6.0.1 (bought it on eBay). The problem started suddenly. Simply reinstalling the app will not fix the issue. You need to do as the other user suggested and clear the app data (don't uninstall), then restart the phone. *If you do not see the data and cache options in the app list try settings>storage>internal storage>apps>eBay. When I click "clear data", it clears my cache too. I think reinstalling doesn't work because your Google account backs up and restores data and settings for apps. This is generally a good thing, until you run into a weird glitch in an app and have to find and delete your data manually. Clearing data may work for other glitches too. So far, clearing my app data has worked. I love eBay and I love Android. I need you two to play nice, ok? Lol.

Message 74 of 136
latest reply

Same story stock pixel 2. No other app issues. I had 31 updates, this is the only update that has ever caused an error especially a 505... Get with it eBay. It's on your end and it's a problem.

Message 75 of 136
latest reply