cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

Yip same here. Recent apps show the open apps apart from eBay. it is intermittent but not consistent with restarts or phone boot. Has been ongoing for a few app updates now.

Message 16 of 136
latest reply

Having the same problem for the last couple months.

I don't usually notice it until I go to checkout. I use PayPal 2 factor authentication so I have to switch to SMS to get the code and then back to the app. By the time I've switched back the app is closed and it's very frustrating. I literally have not been able to purchase anything for 2 months.

I do not use a custom launcher and I'm using a stock ROM (but rooted).

Message 17 of 136
latest reply

I was hoping the solution was in this thread, but not yet. 

What's interesting about my issue, although the eBay app doesn't show in recent apps multitasking, the eBay app opens wherever I left it off. So, the app state is being held in memory rather than resetting immediately.

Perhaps that info can help Devs troubleshooting.

Message 18 of 136
latest reply

Just adding my +1 to this. I'm not running stock, but lineage 14.1 (nougat) on a one plus 1. the issue doesn't appear with any other apps and I'm fairly sure the app isn't being closed as it always opens in the state it last was in. It's a weird one.

Message 19 of 136
latest reply

It happens to me aswell. My device is Sony Xperia z2 (D6503). I tried few custom roms, latest stock, now I flashed old 5.1.1 stock. Tried with stock louncher and apex louncher. After flashing fresh rom it works for some period of time, but than turns the same. Whenever i go to homescreen I can not see app in recent apps, but if I lounch it again it continue from the same point. So app continue working and works properly, but I can not come back to it through recent apps.

Message 20 of 136
latest reply

Same issue here. Nougat Stock non root Nova luncher. No solution at all. 

Message 21 of 136
latest reply

@90luke90 @f00ls_g0ld @juror-iam @mikeashelby

Thank you for the updated posts. Do you recall when the app stopped showing up in the recent app list? We are looking into this and any more details on when this started could be helpful.

Thanks

Message 22 of 136
latest reply

It's not been in the recent apps list since I installed it a couple of months ago maybe.
Message 23 of 136
latest reply

@mikeashelby

Interesting. Have you tried uninstalling via google play, restarting the device, then reinstalling? We are still trying to figure out what is going on with this issue.

Message 24 of 136
latest reply

I have the same problem: the ebay app does not appear in recent apps, but as noticed from others if I start it has the same state (for example an open search) as I left it.

Incidently, the same problem exists in the "ebay Kleinanzeigen App" (App for classifieds in the German speaking region).

Message 25 of 136
latest reply

Same issue here. Stock S8+ with Nova launcher. 

Message 26 of 136
latest reply

Same issue 

Samsung s7 edge

Stock launcher

Stock android 7.0

Message 27 of 136
latest reply

Same problem with LG G4, stock launcher, stock 6.0

but... on a whim, I moved the app back to internal storage and it fixed the problem. 

Message 28 of 136
latest reply

I was having the same problem with my xperia x compact on nougat. 

Goto, settings,  apps, (ebay app), storage,  then choose clear data and clear cache. Restart your phone. 

Log back in to ebay app and it will now show in the recent apps list. 

Message 29 of 136
latest reply

I reinstalled which fixed it for a day, but the problem has returned. Very frustrating when doing research on items! 

Running stock Marshmallow 

Message 30 of 136
latest reply