cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone4 App

My iPhone App tells me that the App has expired and that I must update it.

i press update it takes me to AppStore and it tells me thy I have the current App andallows me to open the App and the problem starts again.

I have iOS 7.1.2 which is the latest one I can have. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

iPhone4 App

@scott0001 @lucakofi @kts-autoparts

If you are on a device that cannot upgrade to iOS 9 or higher we recommend you use the eBay website in the Safari browser on your device.

Thank you

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

iPhone4 App

The iPhone4 can’t handle the new iOS update that’s the new eBay app needs to run it, it’s a joke same just happened to me, I used the 4 with the old eBay version solely for doing listings as it works and worked well for many years now it’s expired it’s thrown a spanner in the works as the new app is tosh. They’ve only done it so you have to upgrade your phone...

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

You scratch my back I will scratch yours!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

@scott0001 @lucakofi @kts-autoparts

If you are on a device that cannot upgrade to iOS 9 or higher we recommend you use the eBay website in the Safari browser on your device.

Thank you

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Not ideal. What's the point of having an App
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

@lucakofi

We still support our apps, but only on devices that are iOS 9 and higher.

Thanks

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Still not doing a very good job at supporting those apps on iOS 9 or higher as they went down hill from version 3.0.0.19 why change a good thing when it’s working well. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

This is absurd. Ebay just took deliberate action to make my working app. "expire" by disabling it. It would be working fine for MY needs if you hadn't deliberately sabotaged it.

Is that what you call support?

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Why would such a large company totally dismiss all iPhone 4 users with an app that can't be run on their phones?  Or is this just a way to generate new revenue on Ebay by forcing purchases of newer phones?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Bring it back....bring it back...bring it back...

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

wrote:

My iPhone App tells me that the App has expired and that I must update it.

i press update it takes me to AppStore and it tells me thy I have the current App andallows me to open the App and the problem starts again.

I have iOS 7.1.2 which is the latest one I can have. 

I not change my IPhone 4 because a app not works, sorry you lost!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Why not letting us use the old version that still seems running in back (behind message urging for update)??
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Same.  Running iphone 4 with ios7 and with NO warning i cannot use the app.  Poor service!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

I cannot use ebay pn safari  for 2 reasons 

1. Why should I/we spend $100 or mpre for a newer phone when a iphone4 works PERFECTLY.

2. At my work (A school) we have a goverment mandated web filter that does not allow me to use ebay on safari, but lets me use the app...

so now i can only use ebay aat night after work... So ebay lost alot of buisness from me and others,

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

iPhone4 App

Very difficult using eBay on safari that's why we need the app. I and many many others will simply stop using eBay if an app isn't available on older iOS versions. Very unhappy with eBay !
Message 15 of 20
latest reply