cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y Ebay Links open in safari?

catchagreatdeal
Adventurer

Every time i open an ebay link it opens in safari?

Y or how can it open in the ebay app?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@treadmen @catchagreatdeal

Thank you for the post. Next time you see a link could you force touch and pull up on the preview to reveal some buttons. Once you see these buttons if you tap open in eBay it should use the app to open future links. Let us know if this works.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

This is a very simple feature.  I don't see why ebay doesn't just add it.  I use Android.  When I get a link from someone to look at something in ebay, I tap on that link and it goes to Chrome instead of the ebay app.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@treadmen @catchagreatdeal

Thank you for the post. Next time you see a link could you force touch and pull up on the preview to reveal some buttons. Once you see these buttons if you tap open in eBay it should use the app to open future links. Let us know if this works.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Worked perfect!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Tried this and the app opens and did not take me to the the item on EBay, it opens the rover in safari after opening the app instead of simply opening in the app.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Can I ask, what version iOS are you using? Is it an iPhone? Thanks. I'm not seeing the Open in eBay for mine. 😕
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I tried another link and I see the Open in "eBay". Mine is doing the same thing. It opens in rover in safari and not the app.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I updated my iPad to 11.4.1 before I tried downloading the eBay app and after all this I force pulled the open in “eBay” and it still opened it in safari. What next?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

When I do what you suggested, I don’t get all the options you show on your post.  See attached.  I don’t get an open to open in Safari or open in eBay app.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

We have links (URL's) in our eBay listings that link the Customer into our eBay shop, so that they can find more products that we have for sale in our eBay Shop.

All of the links work fine in 'normal' browsers (Safari - Chrome etc.) But the eBay 'Mobile' App (Apple) does NOT work!

When a Customer clicks on the link in one of our listings, they go through to our shop, BUT, when they click one of the listings, all you can see are two circles spinning!!!!

This is loosing our company a lot of money!!!

ALL LISTINGS THAT ARE VIEWED ON THE HOME PAGE OF ANY EBAY SHOP (WHILST IN THE EBAY 'MOBILE' 'APP') DO NOT WORK... CIRCLES SPINNING ONLY!!!

SORT IT OUT EBAY, IT'S NOW BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2016 AND NOBODY HAS EVEN BOTHERED TO SORT SOMETHING SO CRITICAL OUT - BASIC STUFF - THAT'S NOW COSTING ALL OF US MONEY!!!

This problem is EXACTLY the same on all of the high-street (big name) branded eBay Shops!!!! Not just ours!!!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ANY UPDATE ON THIS ? ITS SO FRUSTRATING 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

My iPhone 11 used to open stuff in the app with problems not bringing you to the item. Then one day it just stopped working and started opening them in safari. If I select mobile app nothing happens **bleep** EBAY!! You already charge high enough fees pay someone there to fix!!! I’m tired of going to the classic eBay site and having to copy the item number and paste it in the app. Sellers are right they are missing out on buyers because it just too annoying to do all that copy and pasting **bleep** just to view an item!!!!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply