cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new update is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new updat is terrible!!  If it ain't broke don't fix it! Go back to the previous edition!!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@mrtabasco1967

Thank you for posting. There should be no major changes in the latest updated. Can you let us know what has changed for you?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The major difference beside the new bugs knocking me off the app is the saved searches area in particular. Previously I was able to see how many of a particular item was recently posted. The new update has taken that feature away. That was a major feature for the type of saved searches I use and with that now gone it is difficult to know how many items are in a new search. I have rebooted my Ipad several times and it still remains buggy, knocking me off the app and also not allowing me to scroll all the way down during searches. This did not occur on the previous edition. I wish i did not update!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I miss the number of listings that showed up on the top left side of the screen. The number that let us know the amount of listings. Also when reading and sending messages the size of the letters is wayyyyyyyy too small. The same size as in this forum. 

Should be a way to change the size of the letters typed like there is here.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@3-16-2003 @mrtabasco1967

Thank you for the details. The number of search results should be showing at the bottom of the search results screen. This was moved to match the iPhone app. Are you seeing the count near the bottom of the screen?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Never saw that. Much appreciated. Still wish when reading and replying to messages the type was bigger.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Deleted by me. Repeat comment.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Agreed with OP.

Hi,

The latest update makes the thumbnails gigantic right off the bat:  NO INTEREST in giant thumbnails right away after a search.  This literally makes scrolling through a large number of items take 19 times longer, makes it incredibly annoying / impossible to view many items quickly, and disuades potential buyers.  Bad, just bad all around.

NO giant thumbnails initially after a search: KEEP Thumbnails tiny like it used to be, first.

ONLY  giant thumbnails once you've picked an item you actually want to view upclose/ see details of aka when you click open the item.

I've looked all over for a settings button on the mobile app on iphone:  can't find it.  Is there a way to change it back to viewing small/tiny thumbnails on an initial search?  

Please let me know if there's a way to go back to the old view.  If not, I'll have to do what most people did with the horrible "tragic ebay app update of 2014": delete + re-install an old version of the app.

If it ain't broke, please don't fix it.  I know you app developers put in a tremendous amount of work and time into what you do and this may seem cool in theory, but this straight up isn't practical.   I've tried looking at about 6 different searches on mobile and got so frustrated that I gave up and closed the app.  No more searching ebay for fun stuff for me today.  If your marketing team is going for "keep shopping impulsive on mobile" (which they should be), this is NOT the way to do it.  I'll either go look on the online site or back on mobile when I get the thumbnails smaller again whether a setting adjustment or reinstalling and old version.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@mermaidruby2

Thanks for the post. Under the filter menu when you search there should be a view option that will change how your results are displayed.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@mrtabasco1967

Thank you for posting. There should be no major changes in the latest updated. Can you let us know what has changed for you?

I beg to differ with you as you made two (2) major changes which affect saved searches and new searches — (i) moving the Saved-Heart from its previous location to the right of the search text window and (ii) removing the item-count are major changes.

• Now, it is easy to graze the Saved-Heart when using the back arrow (<):  this results in unsaving a search.
  • Now, there is no item-count for searches.

Neither of these changes are helpful.

I included an annotated picture below for your convenience.

02C15849-413C-4486-94D8-DF6F4A439302.jpeg

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

These programmers for eBay obviously don't sell anything on their own site. Horrible experience for sellers using this app is no longer useful and takes 10 times longer from uploading photos to filling in information. Why the hell do they update when there's nothing wrong. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

On the ebay iPad app I can’t see anywhere now when I re-listing item that I can specify I just want it to run for 10 days or 30 days etc. It seems to just be a fixed list “hold until sold” or a 7 day auction. 

I don’t want that, I might sell the item elsewhere and if that’s the case then I usually get a stroppy email from eBay telling me I shouldn’t of taken it off?

Please tell me where I can limit how long I want a fixed price advert to run for?

Also where I have the list of items unsold and I want to relist them there is now no edit facility on the app to  delete them if they have been sold elsewhere or I’ve decided not to relist them. the only options available are an automatic price deduction or  realist and make changes. 

What if I don’t want either of these options and simply want to delete the item from being realised.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Hello Ebay,

I have been a memeber for some time. with new update  i am unable to checkout and pay for my items. I have purchased items daily for years without issue. now i can look at the items, but the checkout process has a few bugs. nether add to cart or buy it now works on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4. I have tried multiple times and am at witts end.  (hitting buy it now load a java script prompt ) ( hitting add to cart loads a dead link)  Samsing is a very popular brand of tablet, you would think alot of people are using them to search Ebay.  Also Ebay is for shopping not talking to Friends, I do not want them to share my passwords with facebook. come on Ebay! we shop your site. 

Unhappy with updates 😞

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP is correct.

This last update is a horrible POS.

I thought the web based interface was bad. THIS is almost unusable.

The sign on with the facebook option is a complete disaster.

EVERY TIME I LOG IN I HAVE TO CHOOSE A METHOD!

REALLY??????????????

OK, I KNOW there are no wise people working on web stuff anymore.

A bunch of "whiz kids" hacking software thinking they are so smart because they can actualy hack and get paid for it. No real expereince or knowlege to work with. Think they know everything, but can't even imagine the box or think outside of it. yad yada yada.

I am a professional software tester. PhD in computer science. Trust me. MOST problems are because YOU DIDN"T THINK OF THAT!

I need to log into multiple accounts.

That means, I log out and log in a LOT.

I need MANY accounts in a history.

Think of that?

I didn't think so.

AND, this is the best.

When I use the new system.

THE actual "SIGN IN" bar is almost covered by the keyboad after filling in the password.

I am on an iphone 5.

I can just barely get the sign in bar to work and get in.

It a **bleep** disaster!

Worst piece of design EVER!

ALL the designers and developers and testers should be fired.

How soon before the next release is ready?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply