cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently viewed items still showing up even though I cleared it.

For about a week now I get at the home section recent viewed items showing up even though I cleared that section. They disappear when I refresh the app but when at a different time I go back to the app they are there again. 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Same here on my desktop computer.

Ebay are desparately trying to make improvements to attract buyers and sellers that have left and all they do is make it worse.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

@guzzian @nmddillonic

Thank you for the reports. These should be staying clear. We are investigating this

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Thanks
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@nmddillonic

If you delete one at a time do they stay deleted?

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

No they don’t. What happens is they will disappear at first but if I go back to the app say a few hours later they are back again.
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

@nmddillonic

Thanks for the information. Are they showing back up in my ebay and the home screen? Or just one of the places?

Thanks

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Sorry I forgot to mention it’s the home screen only. 

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

I agree, same thing happening on my eBay app as well, I clear the section, it disappears for a second then comes back the next time I open the app. It drives me insane. I was shopping for a surprise birthday gift for my sister, she asked to use my phone to look for something on eBay since her phone was dead and being charged, so I cleared my history, made sure it disappeared, so I exited the app and gave the phone to her. She opened the eBay app and my entire history that I just cleared SHOWED UP AGAIN, every single thing I just viewed and cleared! She saw it all, so I guess no more birthday surprise for her thanks to this EFFING eBay app messing up all the **bleep** time. I was so freaking ticked off, I decided not to purchase anything on the site after that. I found what I was looking for elsewhere but too bad the surprise element was gone thanks to this dumb glitchy app. ALSO WE CAN’T DELETE PAST PURCHASES ANYMORE. You can delete recent purchases, but not from a while ago. So all the OLD, OLD PURCHASED stay there forever and this is sooooooo annoying. It won’t delete from the app no matter what you do. I signed on eBay through desktop and deleted all past purchases from view and deleted them off the app at the time of purchase once I received the items. BUT THEY CAME BACK LIKE A GHOST FROM THE PAST and WON’T GO AWAY when you try to delete them any way possible.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Just saw the new update dated 27/07/18 and it’s not fixed this issue. That’s if this issue was part of it. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Same for me! Driving me batty! 3 weeks of recently viewed keep reappearing 🤬🤬

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Just got an app update today 2/08/18 and it’s not fixed this issue.

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

@nmddillonic

Thanks for posting again. Can you let us know the steps you are doing when you are clearing the recently viewed items. Are you clearing all of them or just a few of thems.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Right what it is is the Home screen shows up the recent viewed items and what I do is I refresh the app by quick scroll down (if you know what I mean) and they disappear but when I go back to the app they’re still there. When you click on see all it takes you to recent viewed but there’s nothing there. Do you understand what I’m saying?
Message 14 of 48
latest reply

@nmddillonic

Yes, thanks for these details. Just recapping here. 

1. Delete all recently viewed items

2. Home screen is blank

3. Refresh shows the items

4. If you go to see all they are not there

Message 15 of 48
latest reply