cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile restrictions automatically turn on- no solutions given

I’ve called customer service  5 times in the past two months because of this issue.
Basically, I have different buyers saying that they are restricted from buying any items from me because I have a restriction saying a buyer can’t buy more than one item from me in 10 days. At first, I had restrictions in place on the desktop site and removed them. This did not solve the issue. I had the restrictions on because I had several people bid and not pay.
A new buyer tried to buy an item from me today, never having bought from me before and couldn’t complete a “buy it now” listing. I called eBay and they said that they didn’t know why since I don’t have restrictions on site preferences.
I noticed that the buyer restrictions are on automatically on mobile no matter what I do. I tried uninstalling the app, revising the item. Basically everything I could do. The person I spoke to someone today and they told me to reset the factory settings on my phone- which I don’t think will solve the problem. I asked to speak to someone on their technical team and they don’t have any department of the sort.
I’ve lost out on 5 sales because of this issue. I’m waiting for a call back on my problem “4-5 hours” from 10 am. I’m still waiting. 
Has anyone encountered this issue and have a possible solution? 

tl;dr-eBays mobile app automatically applies buyer restrictions on my listing and it’s preventing people even with 100% positive feedback to buy my items.

I have an iPhone 7 and am running ios 11.1. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@palmvintage

Thank you for the post. We have also received your email and will work with you through email to figure this one out.

Thanks

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am having same issue! I have restrictions toggled off before listing item. After it’s listed I open “revise listing” to check preferences... AND IT’S NOW CHANGED TO RESTRICTIONS “ON”!  Again, I go in and revise to “off” and list. BOOM, there it is, ON again. Happens on all buy it now listings. I have restrictions set in my preferences, BUT ONLY want to use them FOR AUCTIONS... SOOO many other glitches, but don’t have the space here to go in to. It’s now TOO time consuming to list anymore!

Why is it when eBay finally gets their app working great, & all the glitches worked out, they START ALL OVER with A NEW “HOT MESS” APP??????

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@elizbty @palmvintage

If you are in the eTRS program please log out of the app and log back in. This will put you on the advanced listing form.

Thank you

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@elizbty @palmvintage

If you are in the eTRS program please log out of the app and log back in. This will put you on the advanced listing form.

Thanks for speedy reply. I did sign out/in but the issue still remains. No matter what I do, cannot get buyer restrictions to STAY OFF.  Losing buyers😩..

My iPhone IOS 11.2.2 & App are ( & have been) updated to the latest versions available (via’ automatic updates)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I actually switched phones but last I remember, the new app didn't have the buyers restrictions. Have you updated? I'm still having issues but I just let the buyers contact me and allow them access on the buyer restriction log. Hopefully this helps a bit. Its such a frustrating issue. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@palmvintage @elizbty

Could you please email us at iosfeedback@ebay.com and mention this post. We have some extra questions about what is happening with your listings.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
latest reply