cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay iOS app lacking features of older app

I had to update to the newest Ebay iOS app because my older version was going to be retired this month.  I LOVED the older version and its features.  The newest version is missing several great feature that I hope Ebay will put back in their next update.

When viewing items sold, the older version showed the Feedback icons.  That would let me know if the Buyer had posted feedback and if I had.  No such feature in the new version.

The old version had the My Feed feature that worked great!  It showed the items from my saved searches in a very well formatted manner.  Also displayed prices and descriptions.  No such luck in the latest version.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@the_man_in_the_boat

Thank you for the post and thanks for updating your app. The icons have been removed but there should be a text status that tells you if you have left or received feedback on the items.

The feed of items is still in the app.

1. Open app

2. Tap My eBay

3. Tap Saved

4. Scroll to the bottom of your saved searches and you should find the feed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@the_man_in_the_boat

Thank you for the post and thanks for updating your app. The icons have been removed but there should be a text status that tells you if you have left or received feedback on the items.

The feed of items is still in the app.

1. Open app

2. Tap My eBay

3. Tap Saved

4. Scroll to the bottom of your saved searches and you should find the feed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Upgrades to apps should improve the app, not make it more difficult or remove features.   Put the icons back in, and make it so my FEED is on my home page.  The older version was more user friendly and I already miss it!!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I also was just forced to upgrade.

Can you explain why the feed cannot be on the homepage? This request has been going on for years as I now see in this forum. It made people spend money, isn't that what this is all about? At least give a valid reason. I understand ebay is very comfortable in a competitor free environment but it would be lovely if you offered a solid product regardless.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@h-112

Your feed is still in the app, it is under the saved search section.

1. Open app

2. Tap My eBay

3. Tap Saved

4. Scroll to the bottom

Or if you have a device that supports the force touch

1. Force touch the app icon

2. Select Saved/Following

3. Scroll down to the feed

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Great job with the copy-paste there.

Next time answer the actual question if you could.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@h-112

I was letting you know how to find the feed in the 5.x app. I do not know why the decision was made to not have it on the home tab.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
latest reply