cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with latest app update 5.16.1.2

Ever since the app updated, if I use the app to add a photo, change a price, etc., it automatically changes my listing without my consent on other details. For example, it changes my return policy from 30 days to 14, unchecks "require immediate payment with Buy it Now", adds "allow buyers to make an offer" & at what price to reject said offer, among others. It has made the process of posting take twice as long b/c I cannot easily take photos or change prices through the app without going back to the computer to fix the listing. And the photo part of the app is much slower to take and edit photos. I have followed all of the recommendations on eBay and it won't change. I've reported it 4 times via phone. How long will it take to fix this?

I have a Samsung S6.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I own a Samsung s3 mini and the app wont load ( no updates avaible to allow app to work)

So I will no longer be able to use ebay on my phone  Samsung s3 phone is very popular Phone ,

It appear to me that ebay teckies go to the bosses and tell them we need to have this

And the bosses agree ( the app is not ready to be relesed )

I have a question for ebay bosses how many potential customers has sellers lost due

To this new app ( research )))))))))))) ebay try it

I eagerly wait for a reply from ebay

Note to ebay it wont work on millions of phones ….     

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@monochromegraphicsuk

Your phone is running android version 4.1.2 and the eBay app version 2.8.2 which are both many years old at this point. To continue using the eBay apps you will need to upgrade the operating system on your phone or use the eBay mobile website.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@fromtime

The apps currently only support the 14 day returns, immediate pay should be on automatically for fixed price listings. We recommend using the desktop to edit your listings if the current app is slowing down the listing process.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

#1 - in order to be in the top seller tiers, you require 30 returns. So the app was configurated NOT to work for your best sellers?

#2 - almost all of my listings are for fixed price, but the app changes that, AFTER I have entered it on the computer and go to the app to add photos.

So basically, I create the listing on the computer, save it and go to the app for photos, save it again in the app and then go back to the computer to fix the items changed by the app. I cannot use the app to change a price or edit a listing in any way or it changes my listing.

This takes 3 times as long to post a listing. The only thing I can do now with the app is take photos, and the new photo editor is inferior to the previous one, so even the photos have to be edited on the computer.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I honestly thought I was losing my mind. No offense but I am seriously happy that someone else is having the same problem. I am so annoyed that I cannot offer my 30 day returns anymore especially since I HAVE to in order to keep Top Rated. The previous version allowed 30 day returns so sorry, it's not my "old" phone, it's an ebay issue. I have a Galaxy S7 by the way so not THAT old. I'm absolutely baffled and it takes me forever to list now so my listing numbers are way down from normal as I also work full-time and don't have time to hop from app to computer to make sure I have everything set correctly. If ebay is not going to allow 30 day returns from the app, then we all should still be Top Rated qualified regardless. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ugh, so I guess does this mean there is no solution for it, we just have to accept that we have to do a mixture of app / desktop listings in order to have it listed correctly with 30 day returns?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Why would you release an app that only supports 14 day returns when Ebay pushes for the 30 day returns. And requires 30 days for Top Rated Seller status????

Disappointed in you Ebay!

Have a great day 🙂
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This is the nail n the coffin. I tried repeatedly yesterday  n today to reach someone anyone at eBay Not reading from a script. Sadly to say they don't have a clue. Mobile app version 5.17 on one phone allows 1 picture at a time UPLOAD *OMG *BACK TO DIAL UP SPEED.  My small eBay buss. is DOOMED. I have another phone n  5.16  on this one.. I thought GREAT IDEA up load multiple pictures at once !!! Ok until this morning phone must have updated overnight n ITS GONE! No longer allows uploads of multiple pics (Who in the world would upgrade  to such a outdated feature) Tried to no avail to explain it to them um  I think they need UPGRADE ON TECH  SUPPORT. 😞

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This is the nail n the coffin. I tried repeatedly yesterday  n today to reach someone anyone at eBay Not reading from a script. Sadly to say they don't have a clue. Mobile app version 5.17 on one phone allows 1 picture at a time UPLOAD *OMG *BACK TO DIAL UP SPEED.  My small eBay buss. is DOOMED. I have another phone n  5.16  on this one.. I thought GREAT IDEA up load multiple pictures at once !!! Ok until this morning phone must have updated overnight n ITS GONE! No longer allows uploads of multiple pics (Who in the world would upgrade  to such a outdated feature) Tried to no avail to explain it to them um  I think they need UPGRADE ON TECH  SUPPORT. 😞

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I believe whoever worked on this updated version sinceriously think of a career change obviously they don't use the mobile app and realize this is the wave of the future we have just step back in time multiple years this will kill my small business one photo upload at a time are you kidding me 50 items will take more than 50 days to upload via your mobile service thank God I kept the dinosaur desktop computer

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

From what they told me this morning on the phone they are just taking feedback and will send it to upper management. I asked is there an ETA for this fixed no are you working on it we send a feedback to upper management. I was trying my best not to lose it on the phone this is crazy

Message 12 of 12
latest reply