cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay app on Android won't load

Cannot use eBay app because of error type: 485320. EBay app won't load anything. Latest app downloaded from Google Play Store. Latest Google Android Pie OS on Google Pixel 3A XL phone. Please help. Thanks in advanced.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@blunite24 wrote:

Cannot use eBay app because of error type: 485320. EBay app won't load anything. Latest app downloaded from Google Play Store. Latest Google Android Pie OS on Google Pixel 3A XL phone. Please help. Thanks in advanced.

Can you please uninstall the app, restart your device and then reinstall.

Let us know if it still has this error

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@blunite24 wrote:

Can you please uninstall the app, restart your device and then reinstall.

Let us know if it still has this error

Message 2 of 56
latest reply

I have done the solution you have suggested, and it did not work. I have also cleared my phones cache partition, as well as tried installing the app as a regular apk. On VERY few occasions, it will load, until I try to sign in (something I NEED to do to keep up with my items I am selling), then it bugs out again. Its very frustrating, and I hate having to use the web app interface, as it doesn't show me notifications and whatnot!
Message 3 of 56
latest reply

However, my phone is an older Droid Ultra XT1080. But ebay app is on latest update and worked on an even older phone just fine! So there is no way its my phone!
Message 4 of 56
latest reply

I am experiencing the same problem and recieving the same messages.  Tried to sign in and it came up having technical difficulties.  Tried your advice ...shutting phone off etc. still doesn't work.

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

Seeing the same here.  Uninstall, reboot, reinstall did not work.  Using motoX 1st Gen running Android 5.1

Message 6 of 56
latest reply

Same error message here, can download the app but can't log in. Tried what you suggested, but it doesn't work.
Message 7 of 56
latest reply

I have the same problem. I have tried to install many times after restart. No dice
Message 8 of 56
latest reply

I have the exact same problem also, so glad it's not just me. It's just a pain as all 249 of my other apps work, just the eBay app that's broken and worked fine on Android 8.1. I had originally directly upgraded to Android 9 and eBay worked, but had to do a clean install of Android 9 and it then got the same error. I tried everything from reloading, installing older versions even back to 2016 from ApkMirror, even reset the phone and installed a completely different ROM. It seems there's something majorly wrong with the eBay Android App.

I use eBay a lot, but also use Aliexpress and Amazon, so please eBay fix this issue as it's a major pain.

From my Experience the App was working fine in Android Oreo, but wouldn't work in any versions of Pie.

I've tried literally every option, so will just leave it off the phone now, as I don't want to revert back to Android 8.1.

Message 9 of 56
latest reply

XT1080

Doing the same thing on my phone .. Can't sign in "Invalid request"

Message 10 of 56
latest reply

Uninstalled and reinstalled many times, still the same.

Message 11 of 56
latest reply

@superdavedll wrote:

XT1080

Doing the same thing on my phone .. Can't sign in "Invalid request"

The problems with the mobile app started after i wiped the phone and reinstalled everything.  I tried wiping again, this time through recovery console instead of inside the operating system, in fact i wiped several times.  Still not able to login to the mobile app.

. The only thing I've noticed is  google photos app wants me to update "google+" and Google+ is no longer openly available.

Is there something common to the ebay mobile app & google+ ???

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

You wouldn't believe it I somehow got it working again. Though I'm not sure how. I had the apps backed up with Titanium Backup, but had tried restoring previously and had issues.
This time I cleared data for the eBay app.

Restored data for eBay from Titanium backup.

First changed permissions to allow location, storage and camera.

Then opened eBay and got an additional prompt to ask for access to location and allowed.

Then it went through and started working.

For me it looks like it's maybe a permissions issue, but am unsure. As previously mentioned I tried everything to get this to work, then just resolved it in 15 seconds.

Only suggestions I have. Maybe check permissions that nothing is blocked initially and if have a backup of the app try restoring it.

I initially thought that Titanium backup broke the eBay app as it had been working fine prior, so that was why I reset the phone and started again.

But appears to be working now, somehow.
Message 13 of 56
latest reply

I just turned on the gps and it is working!!! I am usin galaxy s3 neo

Message 14 of 56
latest reply

Same problem. Tried all suggestions but nothing works.

So, eBay - what do you suggest? 

Message 15 of 56
latest reply