cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video from youtube (no active content) doesn't work only on App (Javascript error message)

Hello,

In my auctions i use to add a small video in every auction about the object. It's works fine and my customer love it. The video is on youtube and i use a code with no active content for embed it. It works on web browser, mobile browser etc. but doesn't work if i use android ebay app (screenshots in attached).

The message is in italian but easy to traslate: "Javascript is disabled on the browser". So the internal browser that using in the app not allow Javascript so my customers can't view the video.

I think it's a big problem. I hope that this interested many many seller and ebay fix it.

Waiting that ebay fix this issue i would ask to the community if there is a way to link video that works also on ebay app.

Thanks in advance for attention.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Video from youtube (no active content) doesn't work only on App (Javascript error message)

Since September 2017, YouTube videos have not worked on the eBay Apps (iOS or Android).  This is because the App disables javascript. We hope eBay will have some workaround, but it has already been many months with no help. So keeping posting the question.

Right now, the only way to display a video within the eBay App is to use HTML5 video codes, which do not work with YouTube videos.  To use HTML5 codes, the video must be hosted on your own HTTPS secure website or on a video hosting site that will support direct delivery of MP4 video.  This is the code to display the MP4 video:

<video controls="" height="240" width="320">
  <source src="https://yoursite.com/movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply