cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Bar Notifications Not Appearing Anymore

Aloha!

I have a OnePlus 3T running Android 8.0.0, and whenever I made a sale (not frequently, as a part-time individual seller), I would get the notifications in my status bar from eBay and PayPal saying I made a sale. I would also receive the e-mail messages stating the same.

However, in recent weeks, I've stopped receiving those notications but still get the e-mails in the last 2-3 sales I made.

I've been reading old threads in old Groups about this, and I've tried all of the suggestions (although I don't have a "Clear Cache" option anymore - gone with a OS update?): Force stop, uninstall/reinstall, shut down & reboot phone, check notification settings on phone and app (which are all the same as when it worked: they are all turned on or checked off), etc. This problem has been around for several years based on the dates of the old threads, but none of the suggestions worked for me.

I just made a sale yesterday and didn't get a status bar notification but saw the e-mail (thank goodness I have the email app on my phone as I'm not always checking my computer).

I've e-mailed eBay at androidhelp@ebay.com but have yet to hear from them. Hopefully they will reply and with a working solution. But if anyone else has other suggestions, I would appreciate them!

Mahalo,

Poidoggy

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hey! I thought things were fixed when I received notification for a sale a few days ago! But when another sale came in soon after that, I didn't get a notification for that one. Something is strange and it's been going on for years based on the other threads I've read.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@poidoggy

Thanks for the update. If you could send the item # for the notification that you did not get we can look into this. You can email that to us at androidhelp@ebay.com

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi!

I wanted to update you that since I e-mailed you, I've got lots of new orders since then and I have received NO notifications.  Only e-mails.  On the app itself I get notification but that's only when I open it up.  I helps immensely to see the notifications on screen.  I don't know if it's the new OS or what but it's still not working.

Mahalo,

Poidoggy

@mobile_feedback wrote:

@poidoggy

Thanks for the update. If you could send the item # for the notification that you did not get we can look into this. You can email that to us at androidhelp@ebay.com

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@poidoggy

We are curious if you have background processes enabled?

https://www.androidauthority.com/missing-notifications-oneplus-880616/

Are you receiving notifications from other apps>?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Even though my battery optimization is enabled, I am still receiving notifications from all other apps except one.  So it's just eBay and one other app for which I am not receiving notifications.

I'm just wondering how much battery life is affected when it is enabled.

I will test this out and see what happens when I make my next sale.

Mahalo for the link!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply